Any Rockbox experts here that know of simple "Go List" like function for Rockbox?

Hey all.

Let’s see if we can clear this up.  Rockbox works entirely on “playlists”.  The Dynamic playlist is simply the currently playing playlist.  The size of the dynamic playlist depends on your selection from the database.

Example:  If I go to the Database and Click on Album and choose an album, then Rockbox will create a dynamic playlist for that album and begin playing.  If I choose to play all tracks and shuffle, then Rockbox creates a dynamic playlist consisting of all the tracks.  If I specifically pick one song, then the device creates a dynamic playlist of one.

By holding down the center button during playback, you should have 2 options  Playlist and Playlist Catalogue

Playlist allows you to manipulate the current “dynamic playlist”. 

You can view current playlist

Search in playlist

Save it as “permanent” playlist

Reshuffle the play list.  (especially helpful if you want to change the order but not necessarly have to change your player into a global “shuffle mode”.) 

Playlist Catalogue:  This allows you to two options:

1.  Add to playlist.  This allows you to add the contents of the current “dynamic playlist” to an existing playlist

2.  Add to New Playlist:  This allows you to save the dynamic playlist as a new playlist. (same function as above)

You can more fully edit playlists from the Playlists section of Rockbo

You can’t remove an item from the dynamic playlist, when you choose to play a different album or artist, or whatever, the current playlist is replaced by the new dynamic playlist.

The Rockbox playlist function is not as “simple” as standard firmware, but much more full featured.  In a short time I have been able to create playlists of all my live albums, all the studio albums of a favorite artist, or even similarly themed albums very easily on the player itself.  I don’t need media monkey or any other playlist editor. 

Once you start using the playlist editor, you will not know how you lived without it.  The hardest thing is using the “virtual keyboard” to save the file names…