Any Fuze replacement in the near future? An update?

Does anyone know if there will be a new Fuze in the future? I would really love it if the internal storage was upgraded to 32gb. I would buy in an instant.

The Fuze+ perhaps? The Clip+ came out about 20 months after the original, and we are nearly there with the Fuze…

i agree with that, or maybe the “SANSA TAP”?

In my opinion,I don’t think I need another Fuze.I’m really happy with what i’ve got.But the current fuze really need’s another update if it’s gonna draw any attention.I hope the next update will be a one in a million. :wink:

Thank’s,

SR 

@bryanhoom wrote:

Does anyone know if there will be a new Fuze in the future? I would really love it if the internal storage was upgraded to 32gb. I would buy in an instant.

The Fuze+ perhaps? The Clip+ came out about 20 months after the original, and we are nearly there with the Fuze…

Just more storage would not warrant calling it a new product model imo. The Clip+ has the microsd-card slot over the original Clip and that’s about all that’s new. The Fuze (firmware) seems struggle a lot as it is to control a lot of files. 

Are there any new hardware features you would expect in a Fuze succesor?

> Are there any new hardware features you would expect in a Fuze succesor?

Of course:

• miniUSB connector instead of (or in addition to) proprietary one;

alternatively and perhaps even better, add a flip-out or shift-out flat (unshielded) Standard USB connector so the

device can directly be plugged into a computer _without needing any extra cable_ . Just like the connectors that
  super-flat USB memory sticks or USB/microSD adaptors have.

• headphone jack at top of device instead of at bottom 

• integrated metal hook or similar to easily have the player dangle off a strap or chain

• make the power switch protrude just a wee bit more from the housing so it reliably functions without using fingernails 

• include a light sensor so the background light draws less power when used in the dark

and the classical HW feature requests 

• more battery life

• more internal SD memory 

Regards, TE 

To add:

Turn up the hardware clock to get faster database writing, and then perhaps underclock it for normal use?

Less plastic/Glass screen

The crazy thing is that you KNOW Sandisk is working on it at this very moment, but we have no idea what the changes will be.

@bryanhoom wrote:

To add:

Turn up the hardware clock to get faster database writing, and then perhaps underclock it for normal use?

Less plastic/Glass screen

The crazy thing is that you KNOW Sandisk is working on it at this very moment, but we have no idea what the changes will be.

You have no way of “KNOWing” that…you would hope so, but given their history with the View, I’d be skeptical. It wouldn’t surprise me if they left the Fuze alone for another year, or canceled it, and simply focused on the Clip+.

Maybe the next model will be a “Circuitbreaker” instead of a “Fuze”.

@te0006 wrote:

> Are there any new hardware features you would expect in a Fuze succesor?

Of course:

• miniUSB connector instead of (or in addition to) proprietary one;

alternatively and perhaps even better, add a flip-out or shift-out flat (unshielded) Standard USB connector so the

device can directly be plugged into a computer _without needing any extra cable_ . Just like the connectors that
  super-flat USB memory sticks or USB/microSD adaptors have.

• headphone jack at top of device instead of at bottom 
  • integrated metal hook or similar to easily have the player dangle off a strap or chain
  • make the power switch protrude just a wee bit more from the housing so it reliably functions without using fingernails 
  • include a light sensor so the background light draws less power when used in the dark

and the classical HW feature requests 

• more battery life
  • more internal SD memory 

Regards, TE 

I really do not agree with most of your issues.

A mini-USB connection would be nice if it came in addition to the current proprietary one.  Without the proprietary one, some of the accessories that the Fuze currently has would become useless (for example the FM-Tuner I have).

I disagree with the flip-out/shift-out connector idea.  I’ve had bad experiences with these types of movable USB connection and would never want one on my MP3 player.

I prefer the headphone jack on the bottom of my player.  I really don’t see why there’s an issue here.

Metal hook idea could work.

I don’t have any issues with the current power switch.

Light sensor would be a good idea. 

Why isn’t there a 16 GB Fuze? - link to a discussion you might be interested in about more memory on a fuze.  The only thing that would concern me is cost. 

I choose the Fuze because it was under $100 (actually I was willing to go up a bit more, but this was perfect price).  And it wasn’t an ipod.  And I knew the SanDisk name and had confidence in it (well placed, I would say).  And at the time I didn’t need a high capacity player (before I discovered how to put movies on cards and my current card I’m now wishing I had bought the 16gb card and not the 8gb… oh well).

If there was a 32gb, 16gb etc., that would be fine.  But with ipod still having the 4 and 8gb nanos, if sandisk wants a comparable item, they won’t make something much larger to compete with the price IMO.

Apparently all the griping about SMC would spur Sansa to juice the hardware/firmware to accept stock avi/mp4 video.  Then perhaps slightly larger screen.

The power switch stinks imo. Power switch on the e series was much better.

Other than that, I don’t know…seems with 8 gig onboard and up to 32 on the microSD (and no database update on every powerup) that would be plenty for most people…and allow folks to easily buy more memory, or not, as their needs and budget dictated.

I’d also like to see two or more Go Lists, but that’s a tiny firmware detail.  And getting 200 tunes on the current go List was awesome!

The Fuze is pretty amazing.  Maybe just a Fuze Plus is all that’s needed. ]

Sales still holding for them?

My wish list is pretty short: Have Sandisk assist Rockbox with the v2 Fuze RB dev. and any newer Fuze. Just imagine what could be accomplished; how spectacular RB would be.

@martylk wrote:
My wish list is pretty short: Have Sandisk assist Rockbox with the v2 Fuze RB dev. and any newer Fuze. Just imagine what could be accomplished; how spectacular RB would be.

Keep dreaming. :wink: