Amazon Fuze Sales Price

i saw the black 8gb fuze on amazon for $74.33 and the silver for $88.96. anyone know why the Price difference exists besides color schemes? could the black 8gb be v1 and silver v2? has anyone of you purchased to confirm this?

You aren’t comparing “apples” to “apples”.  One price is through Amazon; the other through an Amazon “partner”.  If you compare the silver and black through Amazon, they are only a few dollars apart; which is pretty common for color differences. 

I purchase upwards of $200-$300 a week at Amazon, and know them quite well.  I would bet that they (Amazon) have no idea (or are unwilling to tell you, the consumer) if their stock consists of V1 or V2 product.

That was certainly true of the e200 series;  There wasnt’ a single vendor out there, including Sansa Store themselves, who knew or cared whether they had v1 or v2.

I think you would have to open the box and turn them on to establish if they were V1 or V2 , wouldn’t you? So I would think Amazon would have no clue which version they are.

@marvin_martian wrote:
I think you would have to open the box and turn them on to establish if they were V1 or V2 , wouldn’t you? So I would think Amazon would have no clue which version they are.

Not necessarily.  I was an electronics buyer years ago, and often I would get information, such as version numbers on my PO manifest.  This does not mean, that I would ever let a customer know this information, even if they asked.  I’m confident that Amazon, or any other vendor would treat the version numbers the same way.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Not necessarily.  I was an electronics buyer years ago, and often I would get information, such as version numbers on my PO manifest.  This does not mean, that I would ever let a customer know this information, even if they asked.  I’m confident that Amazon, or any other vendor would treat the version numbers the same way.

Interesting.  Frankly though, I can’t see any reason to prefer one over the other, unless you’re waiting for the Rockbox port, since they’re set up to operate the same…unless there’s something about the V2’s that I don’t know.

well to my understanding the v1 builds both clip and fuze will see RB long before v2. maybe i misunderstood.

@valgas wrote:
well to my understanding the v1 builds both clip and fuze will see RB long before v2. maybe i misunderstood.

Um, that’s what I just said.:wink:

i think i did read somewhere that there were some notable differences between the two hardware builds.            

@valgas wrote:
i think i did read somewhere that there were some notable differences between the two hardware builds.            

It’s really a moot point, because no retailer worth their salt is going to disclose which version they are selling to the consumer (even if they knew)…

Well I disagree with that. A retailer most certainly should and probably would tell you if there was an easy way to tell. Since it isn’t written on the box there is no way to tell without opening it.

@peregrine wrote:

Well I disagree with that. A retailer most certainly should and probably would tell you if there was an easy way to tell. Since it isn’t written on the box there is no way to tell without opening it.

You are flat mistaken.  A retailer doesn’t want to get “stuck” with a certain version, if there is a perceived benefit of one versus another.  I don’t don’t of a single retailer that, as policy, will tell a consumer version numbers.  There may be a few rogue employees out there that will go “over and beyond” company policies; but those instances are rare; especially when said employees are usually faced with termination by disobeying policy.