Altec Lansing iM413 on Amazon

The Altec Lansing iM413 is available on Amazon again.  For a nice price – $59.88.

http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-inMotion-iM413-Sansa/dp/B000XPG2YK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1284593037&sr=1-1-spell

I paid even less than that, but I have to say, this is still a great deal. The iM413 is a very nice piece of hardware.

I was jonzing for this last year- when it was unavailable.

I looked at the reviews and discussions on the Amazon page.

It is not entirely clear that the iM414 will properly dock a FUZE.  (and this thread is on the Fuze forum)

It is designed for the e200 series.  So be careful there.

Also, it has NO clock or alarm function.

I installed a pair of used Altec Lansing computer speakers in my kitchen and just plug in my Fuze (made a little clip to hold it against the wall cabinet when desired)- and this works just great.  For free.  Could do this in every room of your house if you wanted. 

Obviously no alarm function with that approach either.

Anyway, thanks for the post.

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

I was jonzing for this last year- when it was unavailable.

I looked at the reviews and discussions on the Amazon page.

It is not entirely clear that the iM414 will properly dock a FUZE.  (and this thread is on the Fuze forum)

It is designed for the e200 series.  So be careful there.

Also, it has NO clock or alarm function.

I installed a pair of used Altec Lansing computer speakers in my kitchen and just plug in my Fuze (made a little clip to hold it against the wall cabinet when desired)- and this works just great.  For free.  Could do this in every room of your house if you wanted. 

Obviously no alarm function with that approach either.

Anyway, thanks for the post.

Sorry, but the link is for the IM413 not the IM414. I have the docking station and love it. It’s great for working out, listening to while cooking and it’s great to take to a picnic or a relaxing day at the beach or park. I highly recommend getting one, especially if you can get it for that price ($69.99) plus shipping and handling. As I paid more for mine, $85 or #95 at the time. As for clock or alarm function. While it would be a nice feature to have I can live without it. Just glad it charges my fuze :smiley:

Look closely at the caption.

Like that?  It’s a Made For Sansa version, with a docked e200 shown.  I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t want an iPod, even if it was included.  Of course, the iPod better not be included, or they’ve shipped a 414 instead.

If you will be using the im413 with a Fuze, take the included c200 back adaptor, and add a wee piece of foam to it, giving the docked Fuze a wonderful back support.  The Fuze rests a wee bit to one side, but docks beautifully, and the remote functions work great.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: