Album art so hard on a few albums Help Please

@vuldari wrote:

UPDATE:

I went through the tiring process of converting all of the BMP’s (it turned out to actually be over 100 album images, and not just the 30 I thought) the Sansa media Converter created into JPGs, following the exact same procedure every time (using GIMP still, while saving .jpg, under “Advanced” settings, I UNchecked all options, including “Optimize”, and selected the smallest file size option in the drop down box, but 100 (max quality) on the compression slider) and they all worked.

I am NOT going to claim that saving a file with those settings will work every time … but it has worked so far (until it doesn’t).

I just wish I knew what specific file quirks the Sansa Fuze doesn’t like so much so I could simply make the right adjustments the first time when a particular file is being troublesome.

… and I prefer not to embed the album art.  Not only does it work even less often … but it inflates the filesizes uneccesarily.  Why have 20 copies of the same image in a 20 song album folder (I have as many as 300+ songs in some folders) when only one will do?

You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble and aggravation by just using Easy Thumbnails; which DOES NOT require you to embed the album art.  But, it appears that you like tinkering around with this issue, so have fun.