Album Cover Artwork?

I can’t figure out how to get my Sansa Fuze to display the album cover artwork associated with certain songs. On Rhapsody, in my library, the corret artwork appears when I select a song to play, even when I play from the Sansa directly when connected to my PC. But when using the Sansa portably, no album art shows up when songs play. How do I fix this? Thanks.

I use wmp 11 and i see all my artwork, i don’t use Rhapsody you should try it to see if it works.

I have posted a message to create easily album art for the suze using a software called RockAA.

You could have a look here : http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=7433&query.id=132790#M7433

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll give 'em a shot and see what happens :slight_smile:

Well, I tried RockAA. Unfortunately, it didn’t work. I was able to download the program, launch it and add the art to my music folders. But, my Sansa did not update the art. Any more suggestions?

Squire-

If you are downloading the files from Rhapsody with the R4 client, the album art will be transferred to your device automatically (in MTP mode at the least).  Well, so it goes in theory.  I have had issues with imported CDs and some album transfers showing the album art within the client, but not on the Fuze.

What happens in the R4 client is that it pulls the art from the online database instead of looking at the device’s file.  If you import into your PC’s library, you can have a look at the ID3 tag data including the album art, and you can edit from there.  To use the Rhapsody 4 editor, open the client, and select “My Library”.  If you right click on a track, you can use the editor.

To work on every track within an album, simply open the left-border window of the My Library pane by clicking on the button in the left edge.  Select Albums for your view.  Scroll down to the album, and right click.  Rhapsody will ask if you wish to “edit multiple tracks”, which is our choice, otherwise, the album art will show for one track only.

The tricky part is that you must delete the existing file from your Sansa, then retransfer the edited version from Rhapsody to your Fuze when done.

There is a cool video available that shows the tried and true manual method, in either MSC or MTP mode, of adding album art, if you wish to do so this way.  Check out the SanDisk How-To Videos.

Or, try something very nice indeed, MP3Tag.  I have found that this application is the best thing since the pre-sliced dill pickle for solving ID3 tag and album art issues.  You can use MP3Tag to automatically export the needed folder.jpg or album art.jpg file from the embedded tag to the album folder, without having to search the Internet or clip art.

If Rhapsody zorches the album art, MP3Tag makes a happy Sansa.

In fact, on that thought, if anything zorches the album art, this application is great.  You can set it to write your ID3 tags in the proper ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1 format, though this is automatic via the Rhapsody client.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 12-01-2008 08:08 AM

Thanks for the help, Bob. I’ll give those methods a whirl and get back to you.

Solved! Thanks Bob! I didn’t realize I had to actually delete all the music on the Sansa first, then re-import it with the album cover art attached. Good tip to know. Thanks a lot!

Rob