Album Art & Playlists

My Sansa e260 integrates the MicroSD card files by displaying and making them accessible from the Albums, Artists, and Songs menus just as is does files in the main memory.  What it doesn’t do is load the album art as it does for the main memory.  And, it doesn’t support the playlists I create in WMP11 except in the main memory.  Both of these shortfalls annoy me and I hope one of you Fuze early adopters can tell us this has been fixed.  I like the pocketable size and look of the Fuze, but as I search for a larger capacity player I might give the 16GB View a second look if these complaints haven’t been addressed.

Guess What.  If you sync album art to the external card you will be able to see it on the Fuze.  You can have multiple cards as well, and the art is preserved on the card.

We also preserve your playlists on the card. 

Cheers,

SansaFix. 

Great! This is good news. Especially with regard to the playlists. I’m finding as my music files grow larger and my memory continues to fade, it’s easier to find my newest music by selecting my latest playlist rather than searching for the album or artist.

@sansafix wrote:

Guess What.  If you sync album art to the external card you will be able to see it on the Fuze.  You can have multiple cards as well, and the art is preserved on the card.

I’m experimenting with album art on my Fuze even as I type, though only in the internal memory for now.  OK, the refresh database is done.  So I copied a file named Folder.jpg containing my album art to an album folder, and the album art now shows in my Fuze.  Cool.

I assume that the Fuze only uses a separate art file to show album art, and does not retrieve album art from song tags if the album art file is not present?

Does this mean that on a microSD card, songs must be organized into album folders in order to associate one album art file with an album of songs? 

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 03-27-2008 02:16 PM

Correct,  extracting the art from the file itself is not yet supported.  Using WMP11 the process is completely automatic to sync content and album art to either storage.

Message Edited by sansafix on 03-27-2008 11:24 AM

@sansafix wrote:
Correct,  extracting the art from the file itself is not yet supported.  Using WMP11 the process is completely automatic to sync content and album art to either storage.

Thanks for your reply.

I’m not using WMP11, I’m copying my MP3s to the microSD card in MSC mode.  Do I need to organize them into album folders, including one album art image file for each album in each folder?

@sansafix wrote:
Message Edited by sansafix on 03-27-2008 11:24 AM

Does that mean that extracting the art from the file is coming?  I’m just wondering so I don’t go and manaully put an ‘album art.jpg’ into each and every folder on the Fuze.  I use MediaMonkey to transfer songs in MTP mode.  All of my files have an embedded image.  

This is my first and only complaint with the player so far.  They did a great job with this so far. 

Thanks to both of you for this additional clarification.  All of my music is from CDs ripped to WMP11 while connected to the internet.  AMG has never failed to find album art and that artwork has always synced, along with the music files, to my Sansa e260’s main memory (but not the microSD card).

It wont be coming very soon,  go ahead and put the art in the  album folders.

Thank god for tools like Mp3tag; I had already put all my songs on my MicroSD card in one directory.

Great job on the Fuze … so far it looks solid, and of course sounds great!

Ouch.  After I spent all that time embedding album art because it worked on the e250. 

wow you got embedded art to work for e200? I’ve never gotten it to work.  I know media monkey will provide embedded and external art simultaneously for music media.  are you sure there isn’t an hidden additional external art with it?