Added 16 GB card to my 4 GB Fuze - how to get it to show up properly?

After adding a 16 GB MiSD card to my Fuze 4 gb, I then plugged it into the pc. In my computer, when I click on the Fuze properties, it still shows 4 gb, but when I click on Removable Disk it will show the 14 gb…

When I power up the Fuze, Under system>info it shows fuze mem - 3744 mb

and SD card - 16.185 mb.

So, it is seeing the card. I am just not sure how to go about adding more media to the player, since it is not totaling all up together. Not sure where to “drag & drop” the media to. Which folders, etc.

Hope you can understand what I am trying to say here! Thanks in advance for your help!

@katzfuse wrote:

I then plugged it into the pc. In my computer, when I click on the Fuze properties, it still shows 4 gb, but when I click on Removable Disk it will show the 14 gb…

When I power up the Fuze, Under system>info it shows fuze mem - 3744 mb

and SD card - 16.185 mb.

Storage device capacity is being read differently by each operating system. If you check the full space of a 16GB card on a MAC, it might show up as 16.5GB or something.

@katzfuse wrote:

So, it is seeing the card. I am just not sure how to go about adding more media to the player, since it is not totaling all up together. Not sure where to “drag & drop” the media to. Which folders, etc.

Hope you can understand what I am trying to say here! Thanks in advance for your help!

You can simply add songs to the card by drag and drop or use Windows Media Player

Sorry, I guess I explained it is a confusing manner. lol. I know about the capacity;

my question was “where” do I drag the files to? But no matter, I have figured it out. I see that I must drag them to the Removable Disk

entry in “My Computer”.  Then, when I turn the Fuze on & go thru the menu, it shows up as “Internal memory” & “External memory.” From there I can navigate to the mediaI want to listen to.

Your computer reads the internal memory and the card slot as two different physical drives–which is what they are. It’s not going to add them up.

In MSC mode–the basic USB mode–your computer should show two drives in successive letters, like E: SANSA FUZE and F: Removable Disc.  (Or F: and G:, etc.) Sansa Fuze is the internal memory. Removable Disc is the card.  You can put the songs in either one.

But wherever you put the songs, the Fuze will list them. If you have good ID3 tags, you won’t have to navigate to the file–you should be able to find it under Artist, Album, Song, etc.

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 08-11-2010 07:32 PM

Black Rectangle,

you knew exactly what I was going for. Yep, it is all as you say. I probably should have known that, but I really don’t have much experience at all w/ flash drives, SD cards & the like. So I am learning as I go.

Thanks to both you guys for replying! :slight_smile: