SanDisk Senior User

Acessibility?

Over the pst fiew years, I have had an advancing case of kerataconus, which is a gradual mis-shaping of the cornea. There are a number of treatments for this, The most drastic of which is corneal transplant. This is precisely what will happen to me on 5 Arpil 11.. I may lose my sight entirely before thne and it is likely that I will not have any for a while thereafter

This leads to accessiility problems. I am already to the point where I cannot read the wirting on the Fuze screen now.

My question is this, is there setup that uses audio? My Fuze is  a version 2 the firmware of which I updated (big mistake since I'm not interested in SlotRadio so that bit just takes up space for no good reason). I know about Rockbox but that is said to be unstable on V2 Fuze

SanDisk Guru

Re: Acessibility?

Sorry to hear about your problems (and good luck with your surgery!), but the good news is that Rockbox is now on the "stable" list for the Fuze v1 and v2.

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]

Thx

I was going to get it just on general principles, Now I may have to out of necessity

This is what I've found on the matter. However there is some question regarding the updated firmware

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Port_Status

SanDisk Guru

FWIW, I have Rockbox installed on both V1 and V2 fuzes and it operates flawlessly on both versions. 

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
SanDisk Guru

@fuze_owner-GB wrote:

FWIW, I have Rockbox installed on both V1 and V2 fuzes and it operates flawlessly on both versions. 

Same here!

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

You're better off rockboxing the V2 fuze than the V1.  It'll have a higher battery life than the V1 which should come in handy since you want to use the voice feature.