Accessing micro SD card

I have had my ripping program create one folder for each disc, and number the file name as the tracks, i.e. 01.mp3 etc. That is for each disc. So seven 01.mp3 can be confusing, but, the Fuze saw “book title - disc1” in the audiobook section thru "…disc7. I thought that was harder to start each disc separately for each audiobook. So I went to the disc 2 folder on my PC and renamed the filenames starting with the next # disc 1 ended with. So the complete book file name series is 01.mp3 to 143.mp3 for example. I moved them all to one folder “book title”. I created a playlist of this folder sequentially to play the entire book. Then I copied this folder to the Fuze and in one listing in the audiobook section it plays the whole book. Each time I pause and power down, the Fuze sees where I left off. Even if I change to play music for a while, I see what filename/track the book was on, then play music. Next time I want to hear the book I go to the audiobook section and pick that same filename/track and the Fuze asks me if I want to resume or restart that filename/track. Some books I have created over 300 files from the CDs.

You can even edit the ID3 tags in windows explorer, select all mp3 files in the folder, right click and select properties, then choose the summary tab, click the advanced button and there are the blocks for the tag, choose genre and change it to audiobook, and all the mp3 files are edited to the correct genre even if WiMP 11 or your ripping program used the internet and got poor or no info for the books genre. You can go further and individually edit these blocks to the appropriate chapter name for each file if you like, so it displays on the Fuze. The separate block under the ID3 tag for “title” is the title for the individual file, the “album title” is for the whole book. You can edit title for the mp3, but don’t have to. Some are poorly separated on the original CD and harder to lable separately for chapter info, but you can put Ch1a etc. as listed in my previous post for the title. After selecting all, you can be sure to edit the album title and artist correctly, some of them were different off the internet for different spellings etc., so editing them all at once you know they are correct. Group corrections can be done for artist, album title, year, genre, and comments if you like. 

The Fuze does not see your folder structure, so if the album title/artist is different for each separate disc in the ID3 tags, it sees it as a different album and gives different listings. Giving all files the same album title/artist info on the ID3 tag, allows one listing for easier selection and playing of each book.

Hope you can use this info to make it easier to listen to your books!