About Costco, Black Friday, and the Fuze

Well, this is just a question of boredom. However, did anyone you go to Costco to get the fuze[8gb].

I got mine. its black, looks awesome, so far works perfectly, yeah. So anyone of you guys got it?

It was 99.99, but I got it for 49.99 from costco[Black Friday]. I love Black Friday. ;D

Yes, I got one (in black) for my wife.  I already have a silver one for myself.

Yes i got one too. It was 99.99 but i used the coupon which took off 40.00. The total was 67.74

wow, 8GB fuze for $59 and black too?

sorry i missed out on that!

but that also makes me suspect the price on this toy is dropping which is good because more folks will buy it and keep those sansa folks employed. $50 is a great price point for an mp3 player with this much functionality.

welcome new fuze owners! 

I did the same thing - Costco, Black Friday, Fuze and then subsequently started a thread in this forum called “Brand New - Nothing Works”.

I took it back today for a refund. I doubt I’ll be able to find that same deal very easily, but I’m having a lot of trouble with SanDisk products right now and I’m thinking maybe going with an iPod.

So far, the score is 

1 Brand New Fuze - DOA

1 2GB Sansa Clip - dead after installing Sansa’s Firmware Update (See my thread "Firmware Destroyed My Clip! in Clip forum)

1 2gb Sansa Cruzer Micro flash drive whose icon just disappeared off my work computer for no particular reason today. I reformatted it at home just now, stripping off the U3 Cruzer software so hopefully it’ll just read as a blank USB storage drive when I get back to work tomorrow.

Well Monk I’ve had 2 ipods… one froze when the hard drive had activated so the hdd ran itself to death. the second one froze randomly and nwo when it freezes i can’t unfreeze it.

So much for the iPod idea. Tapeworm gave me instructions on how to reformat the drive on my Clip so I’m back in business there.

About the Costco price being a sign of the price dropping…not necessarily so.

I bought my E280 (8 gig) at Costco last year for $79.  I never saw that price again until just recently, just before the units became defunct.

So, Costco’s black Friday price was most likely a REAL sale.  You may not find it elsewhere soon.

But you’re scaring me out of opening the one I bought.  I may return it without opening…

Message Edited by MyDD on 12-04-2008 06:45 PM

I’m pretty sure the fuze sale won’t happen again in a while. I didn’t use a coupon at my costco. I just went there, and bam. 49.99 ;D

There must have been different Costco promotions in different regions or areas of the country. There are a lot of people who bought it with a coupon for $59.99. You (& a few others) have said they bought it out-right (no coupon needed) for $49.99 and in my area there are 5 Costcos within a 15-20 mile radius from where I live and there were NO Fuze bargains. They don’t even carry SanDisk players anymore, only the I-pod line. They DO carry some of the memory cards, and they used to carry the e200 series (I bought 2 there at different times), but no more.

Well, by the time i got to costco, bout 4 hours after it opened, 2 of my costcos were already out, and my third one had like 10 left. So i got lucky.

@tapeworm wrote:
There must have been different Costco promotions in different regions or areas of the country. There are a lot of people who bought it with a coupon for $59.99. You (& a few others) have said they bought it out-right (no coupon needed) for $49.99 and in my area there are 5 Costcos within a 15-20 mile radius from where I live and there were NO Fuze bargains. They don’t even carry SanDisk players anymore, only the I-pod line. They DO carry some of the memory cards, and they used to carry the e200 series (I bought 2 there at different times), but no more.

Costco doesn’t ordinarily carry the Sansa anymore – not even on their web site – but apparently they bought some for Black Friday. 

Costco is always hit and miss.

I’ve learned to not expect anything in stock and to buy it if you see it.

i’m just thinking $50 for the fuze will be a nice price to attract new owners (because the more the better in terms of development/support for the product and accessories)

and also since the battery is not replacable -

when your fuze battery dies will i buy a new one or some other player…???

Well, it certainly is obvious that they (Costco) sold quite a few of these things this past weekend, as the number of new members here and volume of posts have increased dramatically over the past week.

And given that we generally see more of the ‘problem’ posts/questions here, and don’t necessarily hear from people who are satisfied and the unit is working as expected, they must’ve sold a ton of them!

Of course, some of these units sold are still in un-opened packaging and/or already wrapped for Santa to pick them up before embarking on his yearly joy-spreading flight later this month.

I can’t wait for the post-Christmas deluge! :dizzy_face:

@emagon4523 wrote:

Costco is always hit and miss.

I’ve learned to not expect anything in stock and to buy it if you see it.

i’m just thinking $50 for the fuze will be a nice price to attract new owners (because the more the better in terms of development/support for the product and accessories)

and also since the battery is not replacable -

when your fuze battery dies will i buy a new one or some other player…???

I think by the time the battery dies, there will be something newer and even cooler, for the same or even less $$, so just go for it. I got mine in early September, back when the 4GB was on sale for $80 at Best Buy, and that night ordered my memory card, skin, etc., online, and I’m very happy I did. Looking back, w/hindsight being 20/20, I woulda bought my Clip first, to take advantage of these price drops, but really, no regrets.  :smiley: