A bit dissapointed

I know that many (a lot) people are waiting for Rockbox to support Fuze but while we’re waiting I’m asking for a small favor. The wallpapers are rather ugly for some (many, many people have said this and complained), I know that MP3 shouldn’t be good looking or nothing but if you can, why shouldn’t you? I believe that many people would be a lot more pleased if in the next update you could include another, a very simple black or white one would work perfectly and as I mentioned before would please a lot of customers. I even have heard people being reluctant of buying fuze only because of the wallpapers and general theme. Many have praised Fuze’s SQ and its price and as an owner of Fuze myself, I must say the features, the SQ and the price are simply amazing and incredibly nice but that wallpaper just gives you 2nd thoughts.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Fuze owner

I agree Black would be awesome. Also, when listening to a song and pushing the down button, you are prompted to a Music Options menu. I would love to see that back ground color available as a wall paper.

Personally I think this player is one of the best “bang for the buck” players out there, huge audiophiles agree that Sansa players have a superb SQ but as I said, many of them tend to sell their players because of its themes, surely for an audiophile looks shouldn’t be important but they do look very cheap (sorry, this is just my opinion). I love the glow on the wheel and I love the player, I do but really Sansa should make black theme because the demand is huge.

Totally disagree. Yes, of course, I would like more colors. And YES (100%!) many people will not buy a player that has a GUI they do not like.

But to NOT buy a player because of the lack of wallpaper choices?!? Ridiculous. I don’t buy that for a second, no offense. If there really is someone like that out there, he/she doesn’t deserve to own a Fuze. They should just get an iPod and be done with it. :wink:

“Oh, they don’t have black wallpaper… pftt, not buying it…”

No way…

My 2 cents.

Message Edited by Peregrine on 04-09-2009 03:12 PM

There are those people, they’re naive, yes but quite a few people are very picky. Usually the product sells because of it’s features, looks e.t.c. but sometimes people don’t like it because of the theme or wallpaper. I won’t sell my fuze and will definetely look into View in the future but what I’m saying is that a couple more themes or color options would be nice.

Vanity vs Performance

forget the wallpaper - this thing plays FLAC and other codecs besides MP3, you can use windows explorer to easily transfer files to the device and it’s exapandible with microsd cards. 

that has made my massive collection of FLAC files completely accessible to me in a way that CD’s could not be.

i’m listenting to audio that i otherwsie would not. 

dissapointment and fuze don’t even belong in the same paragraph, that’s how good this little DMP is.

my 8gb is on 6 months now with nary a glitch.

@peregrine wrote:

Totally disagree. Yes, of course, I would like more colors. And YES (100%!) many people will not buy a player that has a GUI they do not like.

But to NOT buy a player because of the lack of wallpaper choices?!? Ridiculous. I don’t buy that for a second, no offense. If there really is someone like that out there, he/she doesn’t deserve to own a Fuze. They should just get an iPod and be done with it. :wink:

“Oh, they don’t have black wallpaper… pftt, not buying it…”

No way…

My 2 cents.

Message Edited by Peregrine on 04-09-2009 03:12 PM

What you say is true of the majority of the world I think. Most are more intersted in fucntion over looks but… There are those for whom the GUI is most important. I have a friend who has problems with his eyes (Im not sure what its called) but he cannot read my fuze no matter what the settings or the background color, he has the same issue with Ipod and Zune. His only real option was a clip which he can see (but not well). For him a Dark background with bright text and minimal options to get confused by is the better player. So I wouldnt rule out the fact that people pass on the player because of the lack of color choices, but I do think they are very few and far between.

I’m not really waiting for Rockbox because of it’s most features, I reckon that the features you get on a factory Fuze are more than enough. I only would like Rockbox because of it’s theme, well Games and some features as well but I’m only unhappy with the theme and nothing else.

Maybe a couple different wallpaper colors would be cool, but come on, most of the time the screen is asleep anyways…so I will not lose any sleep over the current colors.

Now there’s an idea for the next firmware update. I’ve always after each firmware update check for new wallpapers. And yes, Santa hasn’t came yet.

i have another idea: you could add the possibilty to have a wallpaper.jpg or png on the fuze, and keep the choice of color for the theme and the default wallpaper (in case none is present).

That’s what I have on my phone (motorola v3i).

It’s a great idea, just allowing pics to be used as a wallpaper, that would be amazing.

It would allow so many people to make nice wallpapers, including me :smiley: