8gb micro sd for $20

So this post might get deleted because I talking about a kingston memory card from buy.com but I thought this was a great deal. 8gb, 3 adapters for $20, free shipping.  Anyone beat that price for an 8gb micro sd?

@shlurpee wrote:
So this post might get deleted because I talking about a kingston memory card from buy.com but I thought this was a great deal. 8gb, 3 adapters for $20, free shipping.  Anyone beat that price for an 8gb micro sd?

I got my SanDisk one for that price 2 months ago :stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@shlurpee wrote:

A number of people have reported problems with Kingston 8GB cards with the Fuze.  I would pick something else.  BTW, Newegg has a number of different 8GB cards for about that price.

I got my Transcend 8GB Class 6 microSDHC card with adapter from newegg on Black Friday for $16.66 plus CA sales tax and free shipping.  They are now selling for $17.99 with free shipping/handling. 

Message Edited by mdscriber3 on 12-08-2008 09:51 AM

@shlurpee wrote:

NewEgg has several deals that are at least as good:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=8gb+microsd

We’ve had nothing but good luck with NewEgg.  We once had difficulty getting a rebate out of a manufacturer.  NewEgg actually went to bat for us and we got the money.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@shlurpee wrote:

That’s the price I paid at amazon.com for my 8gb.  Well about $22 with shipping.  It came to just over $43 for 2 of them.

amazon also has 4gb for $5.15 before shipping. 

Depending on what you want to put on them, depends on the size you want.  For example, if you want to put Christmas music on a card, you could get a 4gb if you don’t have a lot of music. 

Oh these were Sandisk cards.

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 12-08-2008 11:15 AM

@dalaug234 wrote:

Depending on what you want to put on them, depends on the size you want.  For example, if you want to put Christmas music on a card, you could get a 4gb if you don’t have a lot of music. 

I doubt that you’d need even that large of a card for Christmas music. I did this with a 2GB card, and put on about 25-30 CD’s worth of music; 324 songs all ripped at 256 kbps. If you rip at a lower bit-rate, you could fit twice that many onto 1 card.

Not only did I put every Christmas CD I had (and that I thought was a lot) on it, but also ‘borrowed’ several from my local library for fill it up the rest of the way. (Your local library system is a _ great _ resource for this, by the way. Of course now, the selection might be a little lean. I did this back in September.)

It totals out at 17 hours, 32 minutes of un-interrupted and un-repeated holiday tunes. Quite a bit considering everything!

Now if I can only stash it somewhere after the holidays and then remember where I put it next year! :wink:

You’re right.  I just tried to put some music on my cell phone’s 4gb card and there’s still over 3gb left (even after some photos are on the card).  I only want some of the music on there, not all.  I almost always have my player with me.  But just in case, then I have my favorites.

I guess I was thinking of my 8gb which is nearly full.  Mostly because I have some Christmas movies on there. 

2gb on amazon are only a couple of dollars, I think less then $3 so that wouldn’t be hard to do at all.

@dalaug234 wrote:

2gb on amazon are only a couple of dollars, I think less then $3 so that wouldn’t be hard to do at all.

$3.04 but $5.95 s/h. There’s also one at $1.99 but s/h is $6.98. :angry:

I just love it (NOT) when these places offer up a ‘teaser’ low-ball price on something, then jack up their shipping charges to insure they don’t lose their shirt on the deal. I mean really . . . how much effort is required to drop one of these memory cards that are smaller than the 1st Class stamp needed to mail it anywhere in the US into an envelope & put said .42 stamp on it. They don’t even have to spend time or gas driving it to the Post Office. The PO picks up everyday (except Sunday).

I saw a 2-pack of 2GB SanDisk Micro SD cards at Costco the other day for $21. Not really THAT more more, considering you get to walk out with them and don’t have to wait a week for the mail.

@tapeworm wrote:

@dalaug234 wrote:

$3.04 but $5.95 s/h. There’s also one at $1.99 but s/h is $6.98. :angry:

I just love it (NOT) when these places offer up a ‘teaser’ low-ball price on something, then jack up their shipping charges to insure they don’t lose their shirt on the deal. I mean really . . . how much effort is required to drop one of these memory cards that are smaller than the 1st Class stamp needed to mail it anywhere in the US into an envelope & put said .42 stamp on it. They don’t even have to spend time or gas driving it to the Post Office. The PO picks up everyday (except Sunday).

I saw a 2-pack of 2GB SanDisk Micro SD cards at Costco the other day for $21. Not really THAT more more, considering you get to walk out with them and don’t have to wait a week for the mail.

I totally agree!

That’s why at one time when 8gb was more, I just went to radioshack that had them on sale.  It was close to my house so I just went after work.  Not much more then online with shipping.

Tapeworm wrote: 

Now if I can only stash it somewhere after the holidays and then remember where I put it next year! :wink:

That brings up a good question:  does anyone have a good way to manage a collection of MicroSD cards?  I’m starting to accumulate a number of them and it’s virtually impossible to keep track of them or know what’s on a given card.  They’re so small you can’t really label them.  I was thinking about color coding them somehow.

This was asked under Sansa Accessories board

organizing and labeling micro sd cards (link)

I had one idea on there on how I’m doing it, but maybe there is another way.