2 Feature Requests: Play All in Album, Add to Queue

Hi

bought my Sansa Fuze 8GB a couple of weeks ago, recently upgraded the firmware and I am very pleased by the device and the software.

except for the stuttering problem with VBR files, which will be fixed in the next version, there are only two things that are bugging me:

1. when selecting an album, there is no play all option. There are quite a few “play all”  options:
  • in the music root menu to play all files on the device.

• in artist, album, genre - these are kinda useless, since they do the same as the first one.

• in the artist -> artistname menu

• in the genre -> genrename menu

but I am missing a play all button in:

• the artist->artistname->albumname menu

• the album->albumname menu

Currently you can only play files one by one using the album menues

It shouldnt be too much work to add these options, but would make navigating a lot better.

The second feature is minor compared to the first one, but would be a huge improvement too:

When I have some songs in the playback queue, and I browse through the music library,

it would be nice to have an option to add some songs to the queue instead of just replacing the whole playback queue like it is done currently.

For example when I have selected all files from an artist, but those are only a handful, I want to add more by another artist,

but the only way to do achive that is by playing the files and adding them to the go list. I’d like to add them while listening to the existing ones.

I’m not quite sure how this could be done… possibly with the menu button, since it doesnt do anything at all when browsing files.

I’m looking forward for the next firmware and hope at least the first one if not both features will be included.

Apart from this, Great work Guys, best device I’ve ever had !

Thanx a lot!

When I play an album on my 8GB Fuze, I select the first track and the Fuze continues automatically with the following tracks.  In terms of the number of operations, that’s actually faster than scrolling down to a “Play All” selection and then clicking on it.

This is one of the features I like best with the Sansa.  If one song is selected after accessing an album , all songs from within this album are grouped automatically, with playback starting on the selected song.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Maybe its just something with the new firmware, but when I’m playing a song I can go to another song, hit the menu (bottom) button, then select “Add Song to GoList”. The original song is still playing.

The live GoList function came from the Sansa Clip.  When you are navigating via songs , you can leave the current song playing while building a GoList.

To add songs in this mode, all you need do is navigate to songs , then press and hold on any song you would like in the GoList.  The press and hold function is temporarily set to “add song to GoList” while in the songs mode.

If you want to remove the current listed song from the GoList, simply hold the center button once again.

Cool, huh?

Ok, I’m feeling so stupid right now…

Thanx for the replies… but how do I add a whole album to the golist ?

adding them one by one is kinda slow.

another thing: the golist does not get updated, I have to go to playlist menu again to play the new golist.

Correct.  To play the GoList, you navigate to Playlists > GoList.  Adding a whole album has to be done via the individual songs, based upon the navigation tree.  Then again, being able to queue up a selection of albums would be interesting.

For this, you can build a playlist of albums from the computer.  I have playlists made as a workaround for the missing sleep timer currently.

@neutron_bob wrote:

Correct.  To play the GoList, you navigate to Playlists > GoList.  Adding a whole album has to be done via the individual songs, based upon the navigation tree.  Then again, being able to queue up a selection of albums would be interesting.

For this, you can build a playlist of albums from the computer.  I have playlists made as a workaround for the missing sleep timer currently.

i think it’s been brought up a lot, but a new feature to queue entire albums into the GoList would be really, really helpful. while the playlists work well, the ability to put together a list of albums on the fly is a common feature on many available players and would be great on the fuze as well. that’s really the only major thing missing from this player.