16 gigs?

I have a View and it’s basically dead now. I’d love a Fuze if it were 16 gigs. I know the Fuze has an expansion slot, but I don’t want to have to deal with that. Is there any talk of increasing the capacity of the Fuze?

The Fuze’s integration with the µSDHC card is essentially effortless, and operation is seamless.  The View can be temperamental with the expansion slot, but the Fuze works beautifully.

I’d wholeheartedly recommend an 8G Fuze with an 8G µSDHC card.  No phantom power consumption issues with the new device, it plays video from the card with ease, and the entire package is half the size of the View, with great battery life.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

neutron_bob wrote:

The Fuze’s integration with the µSDHC card is essentially effortless, and operation is seamless.  The View can be temperamental with the expansion slot, but the Fuze works beautifully.

I’d wholeheartedly recommend an 8G Fuze with an 8G µSDHC card.  No phantom power consumption issues with the new device, it plays video from the card with ease, and the entire package is half the size of the View, with great battery life.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I Agree with Bob. The Fuze works with a card very well. And with the increasing availability of the 16 gig micro-card it may be worth looking into the 8gig player with the 16 gig card giving you 24 gigs total. 

I’m sure it does work fine, but I don’t really like having to have those chips and I’d be paranoid about them falling out. Plus, doesn’t the cost really add up? I don’t know, I think it’d be easier for me to buy a 16 gig player.

bluestone wrote:

I’m sure it does work fine, but I don’t really like having to have those chips and I’d be paranoid about them falling out. Plus, doesn’t the cost really add up? I don’t know, I think it’d be easier for me to buy a 16 gig player.

Those are valid concerns in fact I had them when I bought my first Sansa player. But the reality is that once you get the chip into the player it clips into place and isnt going anywhere. (I have never in 4 years of owning Sansa’s lost a chip from inside a player.) The cost can add up but its only at first. When I got my Connect I wanted a card for nothing but video but I couldn’t afford it so I waited a few weeks, and that gave me time to get comfortable with the player itself and get it loaded, then when I got the card I was able to avoid a lot of the problems others faced. 

If you think you might be interested in a 16 or an 8 gig card do what I am doing. Watch the Black Friday ads. I have hit best buy and other retailers websites looking for their ads so I can get another 16 gig 

That actually sounds like a very good idea, watching the ads. 8 for the music I have and a 16 gig card to play around with because I might be moving a lot of files around on my player and 24 gigs sounds decent for the library I have.

You guys are about to turn me! :smiley: I was going to wait to get a 16 gig if there was talk of expanding, but I guess if there isn’t, I’ll just have to deal with the 8 gig and a card.

bluestone wrote:

That actually sounds like a very good idea, watching the ads. 8 for the music I have and a 16 gig card to play around with because I might be moving a lot of files around on my player and 24 gigs sounds decent for the library I have.

You guys are about to turn me! :smiley: I was going to wait to get a 16 gig if there was talk of expanding, but I guess if there isn’t, I’ll just have to deal with the 8 gig and a card.

Except for when you plug into your computer youll forget that you even have a card. You dont see it you dont feel it. Its actually a really nice set-up.

When I bought the Fuze I bought a 2 gig and already had a 4 gig card, so It was nice to limit myself. Then later on I went and bought an 8gig Fuze, and gave my 2 gig away, then got an 8 gig card so I actually have 3 cards that rotate between my 2 active players at any time they all have different content so I dont go nuts 

bluestone wrote:

I was worried at first too about my card falling out. I had a 4GB Fuze with an 8GB card, for a while I even put scotch tape over the opening in my silicone skin, so the card wouldn’t fall out. In reality, at least with a skin on it, there’s no need to worry about it popping out.:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I was worried at first too about my card falling out. I had a 4GB Fuze with an 8GB card, for a while I even put scotch tape over the opening in my silicone skin, so the card wouldn’t fall out. In reality, at least with a skin on it, there’s no need to worry about it popping out.:smiley:

+3.  They just don’t pop out, even with no skin or case on the player.  And if by chance they did, they pop to a “stop,” whereupon you need to pull to get it past the “stop,” so it’s not like you’ll lose it (potentially break it, yes).  But again, they just don’t pop out.  I’ve had skinless and caseless full-size SD card players (Sandisk e130) where the card didn’t pop out, and I feel that the μSD cards are much less likely to pop out, because you remove the SD cards by pushing with your finger tip , but you need a finger nail or external tool blade to remove the μSD card.

We’ll chip in and buy you a replacement if it ever falls out.  Well, the other guys above will.

I’ve got a card in mine, and I hand off my Fuze to my 16 month old nephew with the photo slide show playing (locked, of course :wink: ) to distract him when I feed him.  It is one of his favorite “toys” and those little fingers are always poking about the card slot and he hasn’t managed to dislodge it yet.  Nor have I ever inadvertently done so.

As others have said, the card stays well seated within the device, and its use is seamless.

@bluestone wrote:

Althouth I find the Fuze to play all media from the expansion card effortlessly, and it essentially upgrades the internal emeory to a larger size, you do have a valid point about losing the card. All Sansa slots are spring loaded and I have shot the card away several times while trying to remove it. The card is small and it is very easy to lose. Fortunately, though, I have been able to observe it as it flew away. And they will fly a long way away. There is an easy sloution, for me anyway, and that is simply to never remove the card. But it is very much worth having. My Fuze is currently at 24GB.

MartyLK wrote:

@bluestone wrote:

Althouth I find the Fuze to play all media from the expansion card effortlessly, and it essentially upgrades the internal emeory to a larger size, you do have a valid point about losing the card. All Sansa slots are spring loaded and I have shot the card away several times while trying to remove it. The card is small and it is very easy to lose. Fortunately, though, I have been able to observe it as it flew away. And they will fly a long way away. There is an easy sloution, for me anyway, and that is simply to never remove the card. But it is very much worth having. My Fuze is currently at 24GB.

Right Marty but once its in your good right? The only scary times are taking it out and putting it in.

@martylk wrote:

All Sansa slots are spring loaded and I have shot the card away several times while trying to remove it. The card is small and it is very easy to lose. Fortunately, though, I have been able to observe it as it flew away. And they will fly a long way away. There is an easy sloution, for me anyway, and that is simply to never remove the card. But it is very much worth having. My Fuze is currently at 24GB.

You’re putting too much pressure on the card when you press the card in to release it.  I’ve done the same and the card went flying and hit the wall next to me and bounced.  Just a gentle press with a fingernail will release it.

The other guys are right, the card won’t just fall out.  It needs to be pulled out.

@downtheshore wrote:

I’ve got a card in mine, and I hand off my Fuze to my 16 month old nephew with the photo slide show playing (locked, of course :wink: ) to distract him when I feed him.  It is one of his favorite “toys” and those little fingers are always poking about the card slot and he hasn’t managed to dislodge it yet.  Nor have I ever inadvertently done so.

As others have said, the card stays well seated within the device, and its use is seamless.

What a great idea.  My friends twins liked watching some video message she sent me (a baby laughing and kissing and saying “i love you”) and this would work for them (they’re not touching my cell phone).

My card has never flown out, but I have tiny fingernails and so that has worked.  Just poped out and I pulled it out.
I also either have the case ready to put it in, or if I’m just switching temporarily (like to add Christmas music to my card that is exclusively for Christmas stuff) I’m just careful with them or put them in the other case while I’m syncing on them.