won't rember "sleep"mode timer

I’ve had the 4gb clip for a few days. Everything works well except the sleep timer. When I try to set it to 10, 20, ect minutes the timer will work and shut the system down. However when I power it back up the timer has gone back to the factory default “off”. All the other settings will remain at what I set them at (back lite, power saver, ect.). But the sleep function always goes back to off on power up. I’ve held the reset /on button for 20 seconds, reset to factory defaults, and done a firmware up grade. But still can’t get the sleep function to work. Any suggestions? thanks Mark S.

MSCOFF wrote:
I’ve had the 4gb clip for a few days. Everything works well except the sleep timer. When I try to set it to 10, 20, ect minutes the timer will work and shut the system down. However when I power it back up the timer has gone back to the factory default “off”. All the other settings will remain at what I set them at (back lite, power saver, ect.). But the sleep function always goes back to off on power up. I’ve held the reset /on button for 20 seconds, reset to factory defaults, and done a firmware up grade. But still can’t get the sleep function to work. Any suggestions? thanks Mark S.

That’s just how it works…you have to set the time you want every time.:wink:

Thanks M M. A pain,  but now that I know, thats what I’ll do. I had a Creative Zen plus whic recently died. They are hard to find so  got this. An awsome little for my needs.