syncing problems with clip plus

Hello everybody,

I am wondering if they have fixed the “pitch problem”, on the Clip Plus.

On the original ver.1&2 Clips, an Mp3 encoded at a 44.1 kHz sample rate (default setting for most software) will play back at a slower speed/lower pitch when compared to the original recording.

This is a real problem for anyone who likes to play along with the music on the clip, as it will be out of tune with your instrument.

The problem affects Mp3 encoded at 44.1 kHz sample rate (the default sample rate for all CDs and most Mp3).

If you are willing to encode your Mp3 at 48 Khz sample rate, when you rip your CDs, the pitch/time problem is not noticeable.

The fact that they have not fixed the original clip with a firmware update yet, is unacceptable.

In light of this, I would like to see the results of “pitch” tests for all playback formats with all sample rates, on the Clip Plus to see if there are any remaining (or new) pitch problems or other sound quality issues, that folks would want to know abut before they buy a new Clip.

Best of luck to Sansa and there customers with the new Clip Plus Player.

Shame on Sansa for not fixing the pitch problem in the original Clip yet…

I will not purchase or recommend a new Sansa product until they address this defect on the old one.

Happy Trails…

Wavy