Highlighted

Re: syncing problems with clip plus

@JK98 wrote:
Does the player have folder browsing?

Yes!  The main menu has the following options: Music, slotRadio, FMRadio, Voice and Settings.  If you go into Music, there is the option "Folders" which (on my unit at least) gives the options: Play All, MTP, AUDIOBOOKS and MUSIC.  MTP seems to be the tracks I put directly (not in a folder) into the Music directory on the Clip, AUDIOBOOKS have individual directories I put in the Audiobooks directory, same with the MUSIC folder.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Wow--amazing news!  Thanks for keeping us advised!

And I saw in the links posted, an 8gb Clip+ for around $63--a great deal!

As to folder view, I guess the question is, can you navigate and plays songs in a folder-view type approach, just like on your computer?  Or does the Clip+ still fall back to using the ID3 tags for selection?

Highlighted

Is the headphone jack on the top or bottom and what state did you pick this up in?
Highlighted

I've answered the questions I could in the other thread "Clip Plus" that BigJohnL started.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

wow... this better come out in the UK.  Sandisk you are not helping my compulsive mp3 player buying issues...
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Hello everybody,

I am wondering if they have fixed the "pitch problem", on the Clip Plus.

On the original ver.1&2 Clips, an Mp3 encoded at a 44.1 kHz sample rate (default setting for most software) will play back at a slower speed/lower pitch when compared to the original recording.

This is a real problem for anyone who likes to play along with the music on the clip, as it will be out of tune with your instrument.

The problem affects Mp3 encoded at 44.1 kHz sample rate (the default sample rate for all CDs and most Mp3).

If you are willing to encode your Mp3 at 48 Khz sample rate, when you rip your CDs, the pitch/time problem is not noticeable.

The fact that they have not fixed the original clip with a firmware update yet, is unacceptable.

In light of this, I would like to see the results of "pitch" tests for all playback formats with all sample rates, on the Clip Plus to see if there are any remaining (or new) pitch problems or other sound quality issues, that folks would want to know abut before they buy a new Clip.

Best of luck to Sansa and there customers with the new Clip Plus Player.

Shame on Sansa for not fixing the pitch problem in the original Clip yet....

I will not purchase or recommend a new Sansa product until they address this defect on the old one.

Happy Trails......

Wavy