synchronize to continue your music subscription

And are you following the directions and using the Overdrive Console to transfer the books?

it’s worked for a couple years.  I got this message once before and I upgraded the security.  I think that was all I did and that fixed it.  but now I’ve done that AND I’ve attempted to fix the MTP driver.

I have always just ‘dragged’ the folder to my sansaclip folder.

ok, I used ‘transfer’ on overdrive and now it works.  just wondering why, for 2 years, I was able to just drag books from where it put it when it downloaded to my MP3 player.  oh well.  long as it works.  thanks

@amber52255 wrote:

ok, I used ‘transfer’ on overdrive and now it works.  just wondering why, for 2 years, I was able to just drag books from where it put it when it downloaded to my MP3 player.  oh well.  long as it works.  thanks

Might have something to do with the particular book being ‘borrowed’ from the library. Different copyright issues with newer or older books perhaps.

Stranger things have happened . . . I borrowed some DVD’s from my library the other day. “Clash Of The Titans” (the newet one), “It Happened At The World’s Fair” with Elvis Presley, and Season Six of the “Tales From The Crypt” HBO TV series.

Now my library has different time periods for borrowing media; 1 week for new releases and 3 weeks for everything else. Fair enough; I can understand and live with this.

However, when I checked these DVD’s out guess what? The Clash Of The Titans _ and _ the Elvis Presley movie were both due in 1 week. Excuse me? How a 48 year-old movie qualifies as a “new release” is beyond me? Are there really that many people waiting in line to borrow it from one of 7 local branches of a county library system?

Just as this humorous quirk in policy may seem ridiculous, there are probably similarly ridiculous DRM (Digital Rights Malarchy) regarding audio books. You might have coincidentally just borrowed books without any DRM restrictions on them before, so the error message never came up.

ONE OF THE FEW PEACES OF ADVICE THAT I HAVE RECEIVED THAT WORKED.

THANK U,  MEL-G

I have the identical problem.  However, if i switch the USB mode to MTP from MSC, Windows crashes when I connect the Clip+.  It doesn’t crash in MSC, but I get the “syrchronize” message after playing 2 tracks of an audio book. Catch 22?

problem is with sansa clip playing first 2 sections of downloaded, transferred library audiobook via overdrive media. have updated firmware, windows media player 11, and uninstalled via the device manager.  when reconnection in MTP mode, the device isn’t recognized and the install new hardware wizard comes up.  only problem is there is no cd to install from.  if I set the mp3 player to msc, it is recognized in the E drive, the audiobook transfers to the music section on the mp3 player, and then it tells me to syncrhonize to continue music subsrciption (i’ve never subscribed to any music subscription).  I followed Bob’s instructions, but when I reconnect the device in USB MTP, the darn hardware wizard comes up and I cant do anything because nothing came with the sansa clip.  I have called the library, overdrive media and Sandisk (who tells me to uninstall and reinstall windows media player–which I did not do.  Sandisk told me it was overdrive’s issue…each entity points the finger to the other for the solution…)  Help!

Bob, I got so excited to hear you had a solution after multiple emails to my library and Overdrive Media Console support and several hours in Chat with SanDisk before being directed to your post. However, I wasn’t as lucky as the others. The player shows up under Disk drives (Windows XP), and actually shows up twice. I uninstalled both, unplugged the player, waited a minute or so, restarted the computer and reconnected the player. I got the following message: Windows - No Disk Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c which I couldn’t get rid of except by ending it in Windows Task Manager. However, the Sansa Clip+ 8GB showed up under Disk drives, twice again. And the error persists with no change. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

@annincolorado wrote:

Bob, I got so excited to hear you had a solution after multiple emails to my library and Overdrive Media Console support and several hours in Chat with SanDisk before being directed to your post. However, I wasn’t as lucky as the others. The player shows up under Disk drives (Windows XP), and actually shows up twice. I uninstalled both, unplugged the player, waited a minute or so, restarted the computer and reconnected the player. I got the following message: Windows - No Disk Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c which I couldn’t get rid of except by ending it in Windows Task Manager. However, the Sansa Clip+ 8GB showed up under Disk drives, twice again. And the error persists with no change. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Are you sure the player is in MTP mode, and not MSC? It has to be in MTP mode in order to work with Overdrive and their DRM-crippled files.

If it is showing up with your other disc drives in Windows Explorer (and as 2 separate drives) your player is still in MSC mode. If it were in MTP mode, the player would be listed under Other, not with the other drives. In MSC mode, the player will indeed show up in Windows Explorer as 2 drives, each with their own drive letter. This is the way it is supposed to be. The 1st one is the player’s internal memory; the 2nd is the card slot. This will display whether there’s a card inserted or not.

Thanks, Tapeworm.

Maybe there is something about setting it to MTP that I don’t know. I go to System Settings, USB then arrow down to MTP, right or left arrow back to USB, right arrow back to System Settings. Shouldn’t that do it?

I see the Sansa on just one drive when I look at My Computer directly, but it is listed twice when I go to My Computer, Manage, Device Manager, Disk Drives.

Also, now that I have gone through Bob’s process, the first two parts of a downloaded book are available the first time I access them, but the player  freezes thereafter and I have to reattach it to the computer to get it to unfreeze.

About the only thing I haven’t tried is reloading the firmware from scratch. Would that have any effect?

Thanks again.

Update: after a couple weeks of working with my library technicians, Overdrive Media Console, and SanDisk I purchased a new Sansa Clip+. It works perfectly and in the same manner that the old one used to. I can copy and paste downloaded books to my player without having to go through Overdrive Media Console’s transfer task or Windows  Media Player.

The conclusion: something happened to the original Sansa Clip+ player that prevents it from working properly. Since the last communication, I did reinstall the firmware. That made no difference. Do I have any other options?

One thing you could try is reformatting the player under its System settings–that sometimes can clear up a confusing issue. Note: this also will erase the user content on your player–if you want to safeguard it, transfer it to your computer before reformatting the player.

I have tried everything that you have suggested and it still states synchronize to continue your music subscription. I shows the music that I have dragged and dropped from Rhapsody but it wont play them it keeps showing that. The music that was put on there like 3 or 4 years ago still play but the new stuff does not. HELP PLEASE…

I sent a message previously. I have a Sansa Fuze… Does this change on how it works or how I fix it?

I doubt it but, at the very least, you should be posting in the Fuze forum, in case it does. By the way, you still are paying for a Rhapsody subscription, right? If not, the music you had before should not be playable–once the subscription is over, you can’t play the Rhapsody music anymore.

I need to Synchronize to continue your music subscription but I don’t know how to do it

I need help

synchronize to continue music subscription but I don’t know how to do it and I need help

I have this SanDisk Sansa 1gb clap mp3 player and I need help to synchronize to continue music subscription