synchronize to continue your music subscription

@amber52255 wrote:

ok, I used ‘transfer’ on overdrive and now it works.  just wondering why, for 2 years, I was able to just drag books from where it put it when it downloaded to my MP3 player.  oh well.  long as it works.  thanks

Might have something to do with the particular book being ‘borrowed’ from the library. Different copyright issues with newer or older books perhaps.

Stranger things have happened . . . I borrowed some DVD’s from my library the other day. “Clash Of The Titans” (the newet one), “It Happened At The World’s Fair” with Elvis Presley, and Season Six of the “Tales From The Crypt” HBO TV series.

Now my library has different time periods for borrowing media; 1 week for new releases and 3 weeks for everything else. Fair enough; I can understand and live with this.

However, when I checked these DVD’s out guess what? The Clash Of The Titans _ and _ the Elvis Presley movie were both due in 1 week. Excuse me? How a 48 year-old movie qualifies as a “new release” is beyond me? Are there really that many people waiting in line to borrow it from one of 7 local branches of a county library system?

Just as this humorous quirk in policy may seem ridiculous, there are probably similarly ridiculous DRM (Digital Rights Malarchy) regarding audio books. You might have coincidentally just borrowed books without any DRM restrictions on them before, so the error message never came up.