synchronize to continue your music subscription

The problem is in the license data.  For the Overdrive Media Console to transfer the book and its requisite license, several items need to be correct.

The secure WMA (Windows Media Audio) system consists of the rights holder > your authorized client and PC > your authorized device.  To determine whether the portable device is the authorized one, the client on your computer must be able to read the SID (secure ID) or UID (Unique ID) coded in your device.  This is only possible in MTP mode.

Oh, there’s one more piece to this puzzle, the Secure Clock.  This is important in rights permissions based upon time, as a monthly subscription, or a digital book loaned from your library.

I’ll bet that there’s an issue with the MTP “pipeline” in your system.

Manually switch your Sansa to MTP mode via Settings > Syetem Settinge > USB Mode > MTP, and plug that wee beastie in to the USB port.

Next, let’s fix the MTP driver.  Go to My Computer, and open the Device Manager.  I like to shortcut, by right clicking on My Computer and selecting Manage.  Then open the Device Manager.  With a little luck, you should see the Sansa listed under Portable Device , maybe with the wee yellow triangle of doom next to it.

Double click, or right click, on the Sansa, and select, ready for it?  Uninstall.  It sounds counterintuitive, but we have to uninstall the device driver first, so Windows can reinstall it the next time the device is connected.

Unplug the Clip+, then give the PC about 30 seconds tocomplete its “thing”, or go ahead and restart the PC.  What we’re actually doing here is repairing the registry entry in your operating system.  The registry is the Achilles’ Heel of Windows, as its complexity makes it fragile.  The Clip+ is “ignored” in MTP mode because Windows sees the device’s ID, and resumes ignoring it.  Nice, huh?

Let me know if the device is recognized properly (In Windows Explorer / My Computer), it will list as Sansa Clip in caps and smalls, with NO drive letter assigned to it, like you see in MSC.

Once MTP is working, you should be able to transfer your books using Overdrive Media Console.  I wish the Console would tell you that the device is in the wrong (or unrecognized) mode, but that’s the way it was made.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: