sansa clip plus turns itself off

I need some help with my sansa clip plus player, it suddenly turns itself off, screen just goes dark.

Ive only had it for a couple of days, and at first it was fine but then yesterday it started acting up.

Im not 100% certain but it seems to last longer between shutdowns if i dont touch any buttons?!

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem with it shutting itself down?

if its any help, its an 8gb player with a 16gb sd card

Welcome to Sansa clip! Get used to this buddy. I’ve had three and they all have weird problems like this. You will occasionally be annoyed and sometimes rather frustrated, but there’s nothing you can do because you own a Sansa clip (+).

In contrast to the above, my Clip+ has spontaneously shut down 1x in over 2 years.

You can try a system reset–hold down the on/off button for 20-30 seconds.  You also could try reapplying the firmware–see the firmware upgrade sticky thread above.

If the situation persists (or even if otherwise), you might want to swap the player where you bought it for a new one.  If there is an issue with that, SanDisk has a 1-year (EU 2-year) warranty replacement policy–you can telephone them for replacement.

And I can’t remember mine ever doing this in the time I’ve had it (about 1 1/2 years).

There’s one other thing that can cause this, a corrupted music file.  Keep an eye out for a particular album or group of songs that you may play, and see if it freezes on the same group.  You may need to delete that song and reload it.

Bob  :dizzy_face:

thanks alot for all you guys advice on the matter !

started out with resetting the player, and then started it up. fiddled around with it for probably a minute without it crashing. lol. i guess thats a good start.