SanDisk User

rockbox warning

Just tried to upgrade my clip v2 to rockbox and the player is totally dead now. Just a warning to others who may try. Don't really understand what happened as I did go through the process correctly.

SanDisk Guru

Re: rockbox warning

Clip V2's are now stable with rockbox 3.7.  Over the last couple of days I updated both of my Clip V2's without any issues whatsoever.

If you give us a few details of exactly how you proceeded with the update process, we might be able to help you.

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
SanDisk User

Don't despair, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation and easy fix;  having said that (Curb Your Enthusiasm, anyone?)  I'm not the one knowledgeable enough who can help you. I took the risk and loaded Rockbox to my Clip+.  After some serious pdf Rockbox manual and website reading and minor install complications, viola it's locked and loaded. If anyone has simple install questions I may be able to help, just post on this forum. Good luck.

SanDisk User

@mlip wrote:

Don't despair, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation and easy fix;  having said that (Curb Your Enthusiasm, anyone?)  I'm not the one knowledgeable enough who can help you. I took the risk and loaded Rockbox to my Clip+.  After some serious pdf Rockbox manual and website reading and minor install complications, viola it's locked and loaded. If anyone has simple install questions I may be able to help, just post on this forum. Good luck.

at the moment i am despairing but hopefully someone can suggest soemthing that will work to bring my clip v2 back to life. i still have my clip+ though so I am not stuck. i really don't know what happened to render it non-functional.

SanDisk Guru

As fuze-owner GB said, if you give us some more details, we may be able to solve the problem.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

@Chuck_W wrote:

at the moment i am despairing but hopefully someone can suggest soemthing that will work to bring my clip v2 back to life. i still have my clip+ though so I am not stuck. i really don't know what happened to render it non-functional.

If you unplug and replug the headphones do you hear a click sound?  If so, it may just have crashed with the screen off.  The clipv2 seems to do that from time to time.  

The same just happened to me. I got a V2 Clip too.

I used 'Complete installation' with Rockbox Utility (Windows Xp) than pulled it off from the USB cable. It booted with the OF. I turned it off and since than it's dead. Can't turn it on and nothing happens when I plug it to the USB.

(Can't hear any click when I plug the headphone)

SanDisk User

just was told that if the left button is held down and power button pushed up it may work. Will try tonight.

Doesn't work for me.

SanDisk User

@fdsafdsa wrote:

Doesn't work for me.

Same here...the player is dead in the water. There seems to be nothing left to try.