Reply
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 8,152
Registered: ‎12-11-2007

Re: rockbox warning

I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,265
Registered: ‎04-24-2009

Re: rockbox warning

 

@wplj42 wrote:

My eyesight is bad. Trying to read the PDF manual is miserable at best.Trying to see the screen on Rockbox is next to impossible. So before saying "nonsense" and "trivial," let me send you my eyes, and you may give it a go. 



We have a voice interface and many completely blind users.  Generally people try to use rockbox instead of the original firmware specifically because it caters to users with vision disabilities.  While I understand that its more difficult to read directions using a screen reader, I don't understand your complaint.  Using the original firmware is going to be much more difficult then rockbox because it has no voice interface at all and no ability to use larger fonts.

 


@wplj42 wrote:

The ACC HE files did not appear. I was told the player was empty. 



 I just put an AAC-HE file on my player, selected it, and then hit play.  It works fine.  Are you sure your files are actually AAC-HE?  We support most, but certainly not all audio formats.  If you post something more descriptive then "would not play" maybe I can help you.

 


SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,265
Registered: ‎04-24-2009

Re: rockbox warning

 


@Miikerman wrote:

I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.


If you installed third party software on your device, theres no way they're going to be able to help you.  

 

 

 

 

Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎11-03-2008

Re: rockbox warning

 


@saratoga wrote:

 


@Miikerman wrote:

I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.


If you installed third party software on your device, theres no way they're going to be able to help you.  

 

I gotta agree with saratoga....its a warranty breaker!

 

 

 

 


 

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 8,152
Registered: ‎12-11-2007

Re: rockbox warning

 


@Chuck_W wrote:

 


@saratoga wrote:

 


@Miikerman wrote:

I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.


If you installed third party software on your device, theres no way they're going to be able to help you.  

 

I gotta agree with saratoga....its a warranty breaker!

 


 


Yep, you're right--I thought that it was in reference to a Sansa-related issue, unrelated to Rockbox. 

 

SanDisk User
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎06-25-2009

Re: rockbox warning

saratoga ... I appreciate your effort, but my iTunes library is now MP3. I am not blind, but low vision. I do not use a screen reader, but text to speech. I have returned my Clip+ to the original firmware. That was the easiest of all to do. I can see the text in the original firmware well enough. I made a mistake in buying the Clip+ in the first place. I purchased it just about on day one of its release. Best Buy had a few in stock, but nothing on display. My bad. I might have been better off getting the Slot Radio Player, and making my own SD cards. I am still investigating a different player, not iPod, and there seems to be issues with the touch area on the new Fuse+.

 

Thanks again,

Jim

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: rockbox warning

Just out of curiosity, if you don't use an iPod, I wonder why do you use iTunes to manage your music? A lot of people do, and I am curious as to why.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk User
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎06-25-2009

Re: rockbox warning

It is the best program I've ever used, and easy too. And I use to be a Mac Head. If you have a better program to recommend, by all means, please do. I would like to find a free program that will batch convert to the OGG format. Use to have Max for the Mac.

 

Jim

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: rockbox warning

 


@wplj42 wrote:

It is the best program I've ever used, and easy too. And I use to be a Mac Head. If you have a better program to recommend, by all means, please do. I would like to find a free program that will batch convert to the OGG format. Use to have Max for the Mac.

 

Jim


 

I use Mediamonkey as my main program....you can customize how it loads music onto each player you use it with. For example, I have it set to add a folder.jpg in the folder with each album it loads on my Fuze, but it does not do that with my Clip+'s.

 

As far as a batch converter, http://xrecode.com/ is my converter. I can drop an entire artist's catalog from my FLAC folder into xrecode, and it will convert them all into whichever format I like....and it can convert to a crazy number of different codecs...and yes, it is free.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Newbie
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-16-2010

Re: rockbox warning

Chuck_W, did you try powering your clip+ using an AC power adapter to see if it does something?