replay gain doesn't seem to work for me

@jason70 wrote:

hi, thanks for the response but i’m either a) no clearer or b) it isn’t working the way you say.

for example, if i pick one song off of Back In Black, say Hells Bells, then i pick Replay Gain, Album Mode, i would expect that all 10 songs on Back In Black to have a volume boost.

but i would NOT expect my entire music collection, hundreds of albums, to have the same boost.

You can check the album gain value in most software that supports replaygain.  Usually when you replaygain scan albums, it shows you that value as well.  The actual value will depend on how loud the track is, but its very unlikely multiple albums will have precisely the same gain.

@jason70 wrote:

when i choose Album Mode for one song, it’s then automatically applied to every song, every album, in my entire collection. 

I dont’ know how you would pick album mode for one song.  Its usually an all or nothing thing.  If replaygain is on, all songs you’ve scanned get it.  If its off, none of them do.  Turning it on for individual songs wouldn’t make sense.