removing firmware update

hi,

i recently updated the firmware on my clip + for the first time. not sure why i did it as it was working fine before.

now however, it shuts down frequently and restarts itself. i have tried holding the button to reset it.

perhaps i should just uninstall the firmware but could someone tell m e how please?

thanks a lot

(current firmware is now 1.01.05)

Then you must not have updated it correctly. That version is the one that originally came on the players from the factory 3 years ago.

See the latest (and last) firmware post (01.02.16) at the top of this board and follow the manual instructions for updating.

Btw, is this the same player you were having problems with charging a month ago? Did you ever get it sorted out?

Thank you!

I upgraded the firmware manually as it wasnt working the other way. so far its working fine. hopefully it will stay this way.

however, now when i plug the clip into my computer and i go to my music folder, there is no music there. it is on my player as i can play it but it doesnt appear in windows so i cant delete any music. do you know what i can do please?

No actually i bought another Clip + as i couldnt fix the other one. was begining to think i shouldnt have when i had this problem. might still think that way if i cant sort this new problem out.

thanks very much for your time

@4ze wrote:

Thank you!

I upgraded the firmware manually as it wasnt working the other way. so far its working fine. hopefully it will stay this way.

however, now when i plug the clip into my computer and i go to my music folder, there is no music there. it is on my player as i can play it but it doesnt appear in windows so i cant delete any music. do you know what i can do please?

No actually i bought another Clip + as i couldnt fix the other one. was begining to think i shouldnt have when i had this problem. might still think that way if i cant sort this new problem out.

thanks very much for your time

Updating the firmware will reset the USB mode back to the default Auto setting. This connects in MTP mode as its 1st choice. If you previously loaded your music in MSC mode, then your computer can’t see those files. Go into Settings > System Settings > USB mode and change it to MSC. Now connect your player to your computer and I’ll bet your music will re-appear.

MSC didnt work but the other one did MTP.

thanks,got there in the end

unfortunately my player still isnt working. i have tried reformatting it but it insist on turning itself off and back on randomly and sometimes i cant turn it on at all.

any ideas or shall i throw it in the bin?

think i might just get a new one as going away to africa for a year so will need a reliable player out there.

thanks very much

If you can’t reformat from the player’s own options, can you connect the player to your computer and refomat through your computer?  And even better, before trying that, perhaps try manually reapplying the latest firmware, in case it was an issue of the firmware becoming corrupted.  (See the firmware upgrade thread at the top of the forum.)

hi, thanks for the reply.

i have tried formatting it both ways. i have checked the firmware by going to settings and info on the player but it is still turning itself off frequently.

any more ideas? im about ready to give up on my second sansa clip + in the space of a year : (

I hate to say it, but:  are you still covered by the product warranty (1 year U.S., 2 years EU)?  

i dont think so. anyway i can check?

Umm, just check when you purchased it. Such as, the date on the purchase receipt, in the seller’s (e.g. Amazon’s) online account and sales records for you, the sales date on your credit card bill, etc.