remove radio

how do i remove the radio from the sansa clip+

ack wrote:
how do i remove the radio from the sansa clip+

You can’t. Just scroll past it or ignore it if you don’t want to use it.
Message Edited by Tapeworm on 04-30-2010 01:15 PM

well you actually can remove the FM radio form the menu. you can download the clip+ firmware and replace the “a” with a “g”. basically you will rename the firmware file to “clppg.bin” once you upgrade the firmware select English as the language and rest of world as region and the fm radio menu selection will be removed. if you select Europe as the region the volume setting will be removed as EU regulation. slotradio will still be in the menu however. 

Message Edited by drlucky on 04-30-2010 12:50 PM

drlucky wrote:
well you actually can remove the FM radio form the menu. you can download the clip+ firmware and replace the “a” with a “g”. basically you will rename the firmware file to “clppg.bin” once you upgrade the firmware select English as the language and rest of world as region and the fm radio menu selection will be removed. if you select Europe as the region the volume setting will be removed as EU regulation. slotradio will still be in the menu however. 

I stand (well, sitting actually) corrected.

Good thing we got a doctor in the house! How lucky is that? :smileyvery-happy:

I was thinking more along the line of a soldering pencil and a tweezer, but a “g” is a lot easier, come to think of it.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

neutron_bob wrote:

I was thinking more along the line of a soldering pencil and a tweezer, but a “g” is a lot easier, come to think of it.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

While you’ve got those electrolysis implements out, you could give yourself a nice bikini wax, Bob. :dizzy_face:

“G”

You’re right . . . that was easier! :stuck_out_tongue:

how do i download it, and were do find this “clippg.bin”?

Very interesting. What happens if  the a in the firmware file name is changed to something besides g???

@izzygoldstein wrote:

how do i download it, and were do find this “clippg.bin”?

In the firmware upgrade zip file.  See the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.   

@jk98 wrote:

Very interesting. What happens if  the a in the firmware file name is changed to something besides g???

See the following list of suffix letter codes and effects.   http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25408

Sad to see that there seemingly is a need for Hebrew and Arabic versions of the firmware which exist solely to exclude the other language.   :frowning:

@miikerman wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

See the following list of suffix letter codes and effects.   http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25408

Thanks for the listing, I was curious as well. 

Bummer, no option to remove “voice” recordings.  Sure, it would make the boys sad for a while if that option “broke”, but momma would be happy!

Thank you. It still was a little tricky to figure out how to remove the radio, but finally got it worked out.

Why doesn’t it work by me? I followed the instruction changed it to clppg and FM Radio still comes up.

Maybe because you assuming the information found in a 5 year old post is still valid? And long before the Clip+ was even released? :confounded: