Really disappointed

I agree that setting up and maintaining playlists is more work.  No argument there.

But something you said threw me:

@sinocelt wrote:

To add one song to a folder, I just drop it there. To do the same with a playlist, I must create another playlist. Each time. I add and remove songs all the time and after a while, creating/updating playlists becomes really tedious. It’s only one more step, yes; but it’s an unecessary step, and an increasingly annoying one.

Message Edited by Sinocelt on 12-10-2008 01:23 AM

Let’s say you’re working in a standard media player program…you should have one window pane that lists all your songs (in folders, or not), and another pane that lists your playlists.  Wouldn’t dropping a new song into a folder be the exact same process of adding that song to a playlist?  Click, drag, drop?  I’m not sure why you’d “add the song to an existing folder” but have to “set up a new playlist for the same new song”…?

If I follow you, what you’re saying is you ALREADY keep things organized in folders.  What a pain to have to mirror that with playlists…?  But remember we have a quick little program (one click) that will read your folder structure and create the playlists for you!!!

BTW, I said I didn’t want to stir the pot…and I think that’s exactly what I’ve done!  :dizzy_face:  I offered my two cents, but NEVER meant to suggest that everybody should do things the same way.  IF (big if) there were folders on Sansa devices, we’d all have the choice of doing it the way we wanted…

-Matt