Really disappointed

I’m really hesitant to get into this yet again, and hopefully what I said is not going to start a war because that wasn’t my intention.

I merely stated that folders were ‘old’ technology, _ not _ that there was anything wrong with it, but many players (not only SanDisk) use tag-based systems instead. I have no idea why SanDisk doesn’t offer Folder views; I was just suggesting one possible reason.

As you say, many ‘old’ technologies are not bad, but unfortunately in some cases they are out-dated, and abandoned as ‘newer’ advancements replace them, for whatever reason (usually $$).

I drive a 17 year-old car with over 200,000 miles on it. It still works and works well. But the technology in it has been surpassed long ago. I still prefer Windows 3.1. I had a LOT less problems with it than XP and I could do more with the programs available for it than I can now with what’s available in XP. But yes, technology has passed it by and it is (and has been for a long time) obsolete.

So, the world of technology certainly isn’t fair, but it is always in a state of perpetual motion going forward.

OK, I’m done. If someone wants to read something more into this than what there is and start another back & forth about the virtues of this or that, you can do it w/o me.