Really disappointed

@redninja wrote:
i realize 35 bucks for a 4 gig player is a good deal,but the fact of the matter is my almost 3 year old zen nano,has folders,that makes it old technology already,so really there isnt any reason it shouldn’t be implemented into it,no different than my cell phone from 5 years ago played .gifs but my new palm doesnt,anyway if i want to throw 100 songs in a punk folder and another 100 in a country folder or misc songs from the same artist off diffrent albums into a folder,well it should be that simple,why??because 3 years ago it was,regardless thanks everyone for trying to help out,but i already got a creative stone plus for my pocket,has the EASE of folders and better sound,anyways thanks again

Maybe I’m just being dense, and don’t really know how miserable and unhappy and deluded I am (etc.), but My Sansa players HAVE folders on them.

When I convert one of my CDs to .MP3, the conversion software looks up the album, and creates tags with the album name, artist name, track names, and track numbers.  I then create a folder hierarchy on my player – \music\artist\album\songs (the actual .MP3 files).

I then scroll through the list of albums, and play the album I want – either the whole album, or, I scroll to the song I want to hear, and play it.

There’s a lot more disturbing things in this world, I can’t get bent out of shape over this, which causes me no grief anyhow.  (The only thing I really *don’t* like is the dark filter placed over the OLED on my Silver Clip and my Expresses. It serves NO purpose other than “to look cool” and it obscures the display – PURE “form over function” with NO esthetic benefit (hell, the stinkin’ thing sits in my POCKET when I’m not using it – it’s a *machine*, not an *amulet* after all – the ONLY purpose *of* the display is to show me information – but, the “looks cool” filter – never seen *unless* I am trying to look at the display – DETRACTS from the usabilty *of* the display).

Even so, the player’s plusses outweigh even *that* minus – since I spend my time *listening* to it rather than *looking* at it.

You can easily put your stuff onto the machine in whatever folder structure you like, and then either use the tags to navigate the albums, or, if for whatever reason your system does not *give* you the tags, you can run a simple utility to recurse your tree, and create playlists for you.

Or, you can pout.

Message Edited by PickMorel on 12-06-2008 05:19 AM