"Unkown" artist/album? (from iTunes/Mac)

I had some issues dragging & dropping files.  First I had many ghost files like ._abc.mp3, I managed to get rif of them using KopyMac to transfer files. 

Now, I am still left with this problem that a few tracks, even though they are properly tagged in iTunes they still get classified as “Unknown” Album or Artist. First I thought that this was an ID3 tagging issue so I switched from v2.2 to v2.3 to v2.4 but that did not resolve the isssue.  Currently I have 493 songs on the Clip and 2 show up as Unknown Artist and 14 show up as Unknown Album.  Iniitally I thought that I could just move them into their correct folders on the Clip using the Mac Finder but as it turns out they are already in their right places!?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Use a better ‘dedicated’ tag-editiing program like MP3TAG and set the Write format to ID2v2.3 ISO-8859-1.

It isn’t written for the Mac, but here’s how to get it to work.

Yes, I suspected that editing track info in iTunes is probably not the best/most compatible for the Clip.  Unfortunately I am still on OSX10.4 and the MP3Tag workaround you are linking to is only workable from OSX10.5.  There are many Mac-native ID3 tagging apps out there…if someone has a good recommendation which will work for Sansa players pls let me know.

I think I also read somewhere that one can edit tag info directly on the Clip or was that only possible on some other Sansa players as I can’t see anything like this in the Clip’s menu?

Nope–tag editing is not available directly from the Clip.