"Not enough space for music DB. Please Free 30MB." - Sansa Clip

Sansa Clip 2GB 1.0

Firmware 1.01.35

I added some .flac files to my Sansa Clip, and after disconnecting it from the computer, it will not work.  When I turn it on, it hangs at the Sansa symbol for several minutes and finally gives me the message:

“Not enough space for music DB.  Please Free 30MB.”

The problem is, my computer is no longer recognizing the Clip anymore, so I can not erase any songs to make more space.

I’ve tried resetting.  Tried forcing MSC mode.  Tried it on another computer.  Tried with a different USB cable.

I have an identical Clip that I haven’t put any .flac files on, and it is working perfectly. 

If you try doing a reset (holding the power switch up for 30 secs, sometimes up to a minute), then connecting in ‘forced’ MSC mode (HOLD switch on, pressing and holding center button while plugging into computer, Windows Explorer already open), it should coome to life to where you can format it through Windows (right-clicking on player’s drive in Explorer).

Once you’ve cleared its memory (bu formatting) and before you put on any more FLAC files and find yourself iin the same situation, take a look at the FLAC files you’re using. 16-bit FLAC is supported; 24-bit FLAC is not.

If you try doing a reset (holding the power switch up for 30 secs, sometimes up to a minute), then connecting in ‘forced’ MSC mode (HOLD switch on, pressing and holding center button while plugging into computer, Windows Explorer already open), it should coome to life to where you can format it through Windows (right-clicking on player’s drive in Explorer).

Once you’ve cleared its memory (bu formatting) and before you put on any more FLAC files and find yourself iin the same situation, take a look at the FLAC files you’re using. 16-bit FLAC is supported; 24-bit FLAC is not.

Here is the Sandisk KnowledgeBase article on the error msg:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/848/kw/not%20enough%20space%20for%20music%20DB

Tried the reset again.  Held for well over a minute until the display went from the Sansa symbol to blank.  Then tried the forced MSC mode.

“USB device not recognized” error from Windows.  Forgot to mention in my first post that I was getting this error since adding the files.

The “Driver Software Installation” window is telling me:

Unknown Device  -  Failed

USB Mass Storage Device  -  Ready to use

SanDisk Sansa Clip 2GB USB Device  -  Ready to use

WAIT!  The removeable drive just popped up.  And the Sansa is showing “Connected” on it’s screen.  But my Windows Explorer window is “Not Responding.”  I’ll try again and update…

Still get a “Not Responding” from Windows Explorer when I try to right-click on the drive to format.