"None Radio" Version Sansa clip - Can i get radio working?

Hi, I have ordered a sansa clip which does not have am FM radio. Apprently there are two versions? I’m curious does my sansa clip have the internal hardware for the radio? so is it just the firmware stopping it from fuctioning? If so is there anyway to get the radio working?

Where do you live? According to certain country’s governmental regulations, the FM radio has to be disabled in units that are sold in these areas. Most commonly, some European countires have this prohibition.

I live in the UK, the sansa clip I have purchased is from Ebay (so could be a european sansa clip). The sansa clip I have is without a radio feature. However is the radio hardware there or is there anyway I can tell?

I seem to remember a workaround posted in this forum. Have you fiddled with the “settings” under main menu? If you search this forum for radio postings many months ago you may find a trick setting or firmware download. I used my fm in europe recently without any blowup.

I think the idea had been to set the firmware, during firmware installation, for a region that used a radio (such as the U.S.), and then to make sure that the radio frequency was correctly set to the local region (under the Clip’s Settings).  But there has to be a radio capability to begin with.

@rossbardon wrote:
I live in the UK, the sansa clip I have purchased is from Ebay (so could be a european sansa clip). The sansa clip I have is without a radio feature. However is the radio hardware there or is there anyway I can tell?

Even if you have the newest firmware install it on the player. When it asks you your region make sure its set to the appropriate one for you. It may just clear it up.