problems syncing

i am having major problems syncing with windows media player.  ( i have windows media player 11.)  i’ll have a sync list generated, of maybe 20 songs, and when i click it will sync the first song, but then just freeze up without syncing anything else.

if i choose to bypass windows media player and just look at the player in the folder view (selecting view folders when i first connect it) it does a similar thing.  i’ll drag a file into the music folder, and it will start to copy, and near the end of copying just freeze up with 5 or so seconds left in the copy status bar.  i just bought this tonight, and did the firmware upgrade…

any ideas?  so far i’ve only managed to get 6 songs on the thing.  :angry:

dirtybird wrote:
i am having major problems syncing with windows media player.  ( i have windows media player 11.)  i’ll have a sync list generated, of maybe 20 songs, and when i click it will sync the first song, but then just freeze up without syncing anything else.

if i choose to bypass windows media player and just look at the player in the folder view (selecting view folders when i first connect it) it does a similar thing.  i’ll drag a file into the music folder, and it will start to copy, and near the end of copying just freeze up with 5 or so seconds left in the copy status bar.  i just bought this tonight, and did the firmware upgrade…

any ideas?  so far i’ve only managed to get 6 songs on the thing.  :angry:

I had a similar problem with some other Sansa model (I forget which … probably one of the e200 series).  Reinstalling WMP11 fixed it.

For chucks, you may also want to try syncing with another music manager app, such as MediaMonkey or Winamp.

I had trouble syncing when I first got the clip.  I read elsewhere someone suggested formatting the clip (going into settings -> format with the clip).  Fixed the problem.

/ali