playback is broken: sound goes blank every second

Yesterday my sansa clip+ still worked well and all of a sudden it is impossible to use it anymore.

Whenever I want to play something, the sound disappears every second, then comes back again, then disappears again, and son on. I could compare the effect of listening to music while plugging quickly and repeatedly your ears. The intervals are not regular, sometimes music goes on for half a second, sometimes for two, but never much more.

I tried to turn off and on, to reset, to reinstall the software, to delete music and copy it back - all this did not change anything.

The problem exists both with mp3 and ogg extensions.

FM Radio works, though.

Is there anything I can do to repair my player?

Thanks,

Máté

You don’t tell us how old it is. If it is in warranty, get it touch with Sansa for hlep or exchange. Otherwise, still call them. Sounds like a hardware issue.

Thanks, but it is too old for that.

Anyway, my problem was solved: after a day or so, it started to work again. I hope it will stay so.

A nice attribute of the Clips: when they go wonky, they sometimes come back to life. ;^)

I think resetting this back to factory defaults will also resolve the issue but only if this happens again.

@doncht wrote:
I think resetting this back to factory defaults will also resolve the issue

I highly doubt it.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/fuse-stuck-on-radio/m-p/293850/highlight/true#M51204