need help with organizing files

Hi there. i got a few albums in the music section, but when i open the sansa and try to find them, i can only see some of the them. others are missing. however, if  i go back to the computer, everything is still there. what’s wrong? Please help!!!

Are the ID3 tags for the missing albums filled in?  The Clip uses the tags, and not folder and file names, to organize content.

I’m having the same problem.  What are ID 3 tags and how do I add them?

Thanks

Nevermind, I found the software to do this with: 

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&message.id=11605#M11605 

I take that back, this software does not do what I thought it did.  It just takes existing folders and recreates them.  I need something that I can use to make playlists, with custom names.

Any help?

Message Edited by ivana142 on 01-26-2010 10:20 AM

For ID3 tag info., Wikipedia has general info.; also try a search using the search box at the upper left (there have been many helpful posts on the topic).

For playlists, Clip user eliasf created a playlist generator, which will create a playlist for eah of the folders on your Clip.  Again, try a search using the search box.

Hope that helps–

For ID3 tag info., Wikipedia has general info.; also try a search using the search box at the upper left (there have been many helpful posts on the topic).

For playlists, Clip user eliasf created a playlist generator, which will create a playlist for each of the folders on your Clip.  Again, try a search using the search box.

Hope that helps–