My volume button is broken

Dear Krom:

Ten years ago, you provided some very useful information about efforts to repair broken volume buttons. Along with the text, you also provided Before and After Repair photos. Unfortunately, those photos don’t appear within the text, and I’m sure they would be very helpful.

I still use the Sansa Clip Zip MP3 players because I need ones that are compatible with Audible audiobooks and, in my view, this player is far superior to its successors, Sport and Jam, which frankly are junk (and smarphones are heavy to walk with). Of course, it’s difficult to obtain them, and thus it is disheartening when something goes wrong with my precious Clip Zips. Two now have broken volume buttons – one with just the up button and one with both. I can use them on a speaker with sound controls but not with headphones, which is inconvenient. I’m not confident that I can find someone to fix these (don’t trust myself) but I’d like to try.

I strongly doubt that you will get this message after such a long time, but this is the only way I can see to try to contact you, so I might as well try. If you do see this message and can still provide the photos, I would be most grateful.

Sincerely,  “Elbara”  aka Elinor, ebachrach@hotmail.com