my Sansa will not play WAV

I have tried everything I can think of trying to get it to play WAV files but it just freezes. I have tried both 48KHz and 44.1KHz WAV files. These need to be lossless because they are brainwave syncronization files.

Have you tried FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) format?

What player do you have?

Have you tried FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) format?

My Sansa Clip Plus V01.02.15A doesn’t freeze when playing .WAV files, but the left and right channels get reversed. Seems like there are multiple .WAV related bugs in Sansa Clip firmware. Maybe if you upgrade your firmware to V01.02.15A, it’ll solve the freeze problem (but give a reversed channels problem)?

no I have not yet tried FLAC but will. What extension should the file have?

I have updated to the latest firmware-it still does not play .WAV.

@onceler wrote:

no I have not yet tried FLAC but will. What extension should the file have?

The extension is .flac 

I have updated to the latest firmware-it still does not play .WAV.

Are your files16bit?  Sansas do not play 24bit or 32bit wav files as far as I know.

What is the source of the .wav files? Did you rip them from CD? With what program?

Sandisk never claimed support for WAV files, except for the files that the player itself creates.

@onceler wrote:

I have tried everything I can think of trying to get it to play WAV files but it just freezes. I have tried both 48KHz and 44.1KHz WAV files. These need to be lossless because they are brainwave syncronization files.

I just tried a WAV file (44kHz 16-bit) created in Winamp in my Clip+. It played prefectly; no hesitation, no freeze, no muss, no fuss. There’s got to be something wrong and/or different about your particular WAV file(s).

I was able to freeze my own Sansa Clip Plus with .WAV files. These files freeze the player at the end of playback. That’s because I split the original .WAV files that were too large to e-mail, and created small pieces of them. These pieces freeze the player. Apparently, you can’t just split .WAV files at arbitrary points. The full .WAV files play with the channels reversed, but do not freeze the player.