my Sansa Clip+ refuses to turn on...

I got my Clip+ for Christmas, and generally, it works relatively well. Every so often, it will randomly shut off and refused to turn back on, but usually, if I wait a week and try again, it’ll turn on and work just fine. This time, it’s been shut off for a week and a half, and it’s still not working… I’ve tried charging it on the wall and on my computer, and also tried the “reset” thing where you hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds and then turn it on. So far, nothing’s worked. Any ideas? I’m going pretty crazy without my music.

When it next is running, you might want to reapply the firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum)–it can become corrupted, and this could help.

“When it next is running”

this is a bit of an issue, because it won’t turn on.

it’s been two weeks since I’ve been able to get it to work.

Yeah, mine just turned off while playing and i’m not getting any reaction at all.  I’ll wait for it to cool off (since it’s 105 here in Oklahoma City on the hotel La Quinta patio), but I don’t have high hopes…

@devin4242 wrote:

Yeah, mine just turned off while playing and i’m not getting any reaction at all.  I’ll wait for it to cool off (since it’s 105 here in Oklahoma City on the hotel La Quinta patio), but I don’t have high hopes…

This happens occasionally (and not necessarily due to the heat). Just press and hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds and then release to reset it.

Now it should start up and play normally. If the normal reset procedure doesn’t work, try it for a little longer. We’ve heard from people who held it for up to a minute before they got any reaction.

Thankfully, a reset isn’t needed that often but nice to have when it is.

Sometimes, when the reset procedure doesn’t work, people have left the player plugged into a power source for a few days.  That seems to provide a trickle charge to the player that then allows the player to be started again.  You might try that as well.