my 4gb Clip+ appears to be dead

Hello, I’m having a major problem with my 4gb sansa clip+. I bought it online 3 weeks ago and now it appears to be completely dead. It does not turn on in any way, it does not respond when plugged into my pc. I have tried many potential solutions including: holding the power button for 15-30 seconds, holding the power/home button, holding the center button while plugging it in, holding the volume+ button while plugging in, using different usb ports including front and back, plugging it into a different pc front and back usb ports, using the firmware updater but it doesnt recognize the clip, updating to wmp 11.

The clip was working fine for the 3 weeks i had it up until now, I have called tech support as well and they could not help me. Once the flower symbol actually came up and froze until I turned it off, but since then nothing has happened. Windows would constantly not recognize it at all. Eventually I realized that when I hold down the middle button and plug it in that I can at least see a removable drive in ‘my computer’. At this moment I am trying to format it through windows but it says it cannot be complete and says the removable device is only 4mb.

I am really at a loss of what to do here, I have been on google and tech support sites for the past 2 hours. If anybody has any ideas I am all ears. My only idea right now is to somehow get windows to format the thing and then use the updater to install the firmware and all that back on. Other than that I have no idea. I should mention that I am using windows xp and all the system requirements are there. Nothing of note caused this, I had just finished transferring over some podcasts and I disconnected it. Then 3 hours later I go to turn it on while exercising and nothing happened.

Thanks for any help.

@velius2820 wrote:

Hello, I’m having a major problem with my 4gb sansa clip+. I bought it online 3 weeks ago and now it appears to be completely dead. . .

The clip was working fine for the 3 weeks i had it up until now, I have called tech support as well and they could not help me. . .

Was this a ‘new’ unit or a ‘re-furbished’ one? I can’t imagine that if Tech Support could not bring it back from the dead over the phone, they did not offer to replace it under warranty. The waranty does not extend to re-furb units but if yours was purchased new, regardless of the dealer (on-line or not), I’d call back. You’ll most likely get another rep who hopefully will be more helpful.

My 4gb Clip+ also appears dead. I bought it four weeks ago and it worked fine until it concked out while it was playing. It had been almost fully charged, so I thought it was odd for the charge to die out so fast. Now it is not seen by the computer and I cannot charge it or turn it on.

I will call the tech support and see if it can be helped. Otherwise I will return it. It is not a refurbished one, but brand new from the store.

Edit:

velius, you tried holding the power/home button, but have you tried holding the home button down and then pressing the power button for several seconds? This is what I tried, and it seems to have worked. (Also, FWIW, I did this while it was plugged into the computer.)