less battery life w/ Micro SD, or possible bad battery?

I just got a recertified Clip+ from Woot; I had been using the Clip 4gb for a couple years prior to this purchase.  Battery on the original always gave me at least 5 or 6 hours.  But on this new Clip+, I’m sometimes getting less than 2 or 3.  I’m wondering if this is possibly a bad battery or, since I’m also using the Micro SD card, if the external memory access is a bigger drain on the battery?

Almost certainly, it’s the battery or something particular to your player.  If it had a warranty, I would say, replace it.

appreciate the response.  I will call Sandisk.  I think it’s under warranty and I’ve always had very good experience with their customer service.

Refurbished devices have a different warranty situation, often 30 to 90 days.  The original warranty is one year in the US, and two in the EU, I believe.

You can contact the vendor for an exchange if the battery life is so short.

Bob  :cry:

trts wrote:
appreciate the response.  I will call Sandisk.  I think it’s under warranty and I’ve always had very good experience with their customer service.

Since you bought it re-furbed from Woot, the original SanDisk warranty probably does not apply. You will need to contact Woot for a replacement.

But I wouldn’t waste any time in doing that . . . as Bob mentioned sometimes they only give a 30-90 min. warranty, if any at all.

Oh, that’s right, he said days , not minutes. Regardless, any warranty of a re-furbed piece is pretty short, so don’t dilly-dally. :stuck_out_tongue:

trts wrote:

Since you bought it re-furbed from Woot, the original SanDisk warranty probably does not apply. You will need to contact Woot for a replacement.

But I wouldn’t waste any time in doing that . . . as Bob mentioned sometimes they only give a 30-90 min. warranty, if any at all.

Oh, that’s right, he said days , not minutes. Regardless, any warranty on a re-furbed piece is pretty short, so don’t dilly-dally. :stuck_out_tongue:

Out of interest, what types of file are you listening to? 5-6 hours isn’t good to begin with.