Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: included headphones

[ Edited ]

On topic (unhijacking thread now) - To the OP:  About those two different reviews of the included earphones it really depends on the person using it (one saying it wasn't good and another saying it's good)...and you say they are pretty good, so if you think they have a good sound quality keep using them. (I on the other hand am not a fan of the short cord on them and the fact that they don't really fit snug in my ears [keep falling out or getting pulled out due to the cord being shorter than most] despite the fact that even I thought the sound was good).

Sansa Clip+ 8GB + 8GB microSD formatted by phone/4GB microSD Card|Sony PSP 32GB microSD in a Memory Stick Pro Duo adapter|Samsung SGH-T839 (Sidekick - Tmobile)|Samsung Gravity T (Father is now using it)|(headphone jack not working right) 4GB Sansa Clip+
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

"so if you think they have a good sound quality keep using them. "

There are earphones that are so much better though and under $20. There are earphones included with players that are worse than the ones Sandisk gives. When one can get earphones much better than the included ones for under $20 or even under $10, why force yourself to use the included earphones? Many years ago when I was using tape based players I realized the great benefit of getting better earphones or headphones. A few much higher priced players include even better better earphones, but paying $200 for a player just to get $10 or $15 earphones included doesn't make sense. I would classify Sandisk's included earphones as being worth perhaps $3-$5 retail, as the $8 Sony MDR-E828 earphones or $8 JVC Riptidz IEM  imo sounds much better than them. Some companies include earphones that are worth perhaps $1 or $2 retail with their players. What I don't like is when the sound quality of an mp3 player is judged based solely on how it sounds with the included earphones. I have yet to see a player that comes with earphones or headphones that are on par with the sound quality of the player. Rating just on the sound with the included earphones would mean that a great sounding player with $2 included earphones gets a worse rating than a mediocre sounding player with $7 included earphones. This doesn't make sense to me.

As for saying I derailed the thread, my comments were about sound quality of other earphones and headphones comparing them to the included ones. It was imo very much on topic.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@JK98 wrote:

There are earphones that are so much better though and under $20.

That's your opinion. Everyone's hearing and likes/dis-likes are different. If the OP likes the sound of the original (included earphones) and they fit his (or her) ears then who are you, or anyone for that matter to say they're no good and should spend more money trying to find a better pair?

@JK98 wrote:
When one can get earphones much better than the included ones for under $20 or even under $10, why force yourself to use the included earphones?

Who said the OP was being forced to use the included earphones? They seem to like them; can't you just leave it at that? If you drive a Toyota (and are satisfied with it) and I drive, say a Lexus, or a Honda, or a Kia is it courteous or justified for me to tell you you shouldn't be driving your Toyota; that there are many other cars out there that are better; that you shouldn't force yourself to drive a inferior car?

@JK98 wrote:

As for saying I derailed the thread, my comments were about sound quality of other earphones and headphones comparing them to the included ones. It was imo very much on topic.

I disagree. The Subject of this thread (and the original post) is about the "included headphones", not about "sound quality of other earphones and headphones" and/or "comparing them to the included ones." This is not what the OP said, or even asked about. In fact, he stated "they are the best thing that happened to me ... i think they have a very good clear sound, just perfect and fit nicely ... why the bashing ?"

The thread is about the "included headphones", not about all the ones that (in your opinion) are better. So yes, this was (as you would say, imo) off-topic.

Bottom line is if you like $20 phones (IEM or otherwise), fine. If someone else likes $100 (or even $500) phones, that's fine too. But if someone likes the freebies included with the SanDisk players, can't you just be happy for them? You don't have to rain on their parade.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Tapeworm wrote:

Seems this thread has become

Smiley      and   Smiley

And now, back to our regularly-scheduled programming ...    Smiley Wink

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

For the reason I don't use the earphones that came with them...I'm using Skullcandy earphones now (I miss when the Hesh headphones had an inline volume control - though I'm thinking they removed it because of that volume law in the EU) I bought them at a store that constantly had them on sale til they closed (maybe that's why they were constantly on sale).

I use Skullcandy's Titan earphones. (when Sam Goody existed [in the last months of their lives] at the shopping center I frequent the sale prices were between $15.99-$39.99 for the earphones [depending on model]).  I like the cord length compared to the earphones that come with the Sansas now (as I mentioned earlier the cord length of the Sansa earphones are now short).

*eh if I can't beat them, then I'm  just gonna join em*

/Smiley      and   Smiley

Sansa Clip+ 8GB + 8GB microSD formatted by phone/4GB microSD Card|Sony PSP 32GB microSD in a Memory Stick Pro Duo adapter|Samsung SGH-T839 (Sidekick - Tmobile)|Samsung Gravity T (Father is now using it)|(headphone jack not working right) 4GB Sansa Clip+