included headphones

@jk98 wrote:

There are earphones that are so much better though and under $20.

That’s your opinion. Everyone’s hearing and likes/dis-likes are different. If the OP likes the sound of the original (included earphones) and they fit his (or her) ears then who are you, or anyone for that matter to say they’re no good and should spend more money trying to find a better pair?

@jk98 wrote:

When one can get earphones much better than the included ones for under $20 or even under $10, why force yourself to use the included earphones?

Who said the OP was being forced to use the included earphones? They seem to like them; can’t you just leave it at that? If you drive a Toyota (and are satisfied with it) and I drive, say a Lexus, or a Honda, or a Kia is it courteous or justified for me to tell you you shouldn’t be driving your Toyota; that there are many other cars out there that are better; that you shouldn’t force yourself to drive a inferior car?

@jk98 wrote:

As for saying I derailed the thread, my comments were about sound quality of other earphones and headphones comparing them to the included ones. It was imo very much on topic.

I disagree. The Subject of this thread (and the original post) is about the “included headphones”, not about “sound quality of other earphones and headphones" and/or "comparing them to the included ones.” This is not what the OP said, or even asked about. In fact, he stated “they are the best thing that happened to me … i think they have a very good clear sound, just perfect and fit nicely … why the bashing ?

The thread is about the “included headphones”, not about all the ones that (in your opinion) are better. So yes, this was (as you would say, imo) off-topic.

Bottom line is if you like $20 phones (IEM or otherwise), fine. If someone else likes $100 (or even $500) phones, that’s fine too. But if someone likes the freebies included with the SanDisk players, can’t you just be happy for them? You don’t have to rain on their parade.