included headphones

"so if you think they have a good sound quality keep using them. "

There are earphones that are so much better though and under $20. There are earphones included with players that are worse than the ones Sandisk gives. When one can get earphones much better than the included ones for under $20 or even under $10, why force yourself to use the included earphones? Many years ago when I was using tape based players I realized the great benefit of getting better earphones or headphones. A few much higher priced players include even better better earphones, but paying $200 for a player just to get $10 or $15 earphones included doesn’t make sense. I would classify Sandisk’s included earphones as being worth perhaps $3-$5 retail, as the $8 Sony MDR-E828 earphones or $8 JVC Riptidz IEM  imo sounds much better than them. Some companies include earphones that are worth perhaps $1 or $2 retail with their players. What I don’t like is when the sound quality of an mp3 player is judged based solely on how it sounds with the included earphones. I have yet to see a player that comes with earphones or headphones that are on par with the sound quality of the player. Rating just on the sound with the included earphones would mean that a great sounding player with $2 included earphones gets a worse rating than a mediocre sounding player with $7 included earphones. This doesn’t make sense to me.

As for saying I derailed the thread, my comments were about sound quality of other earphones and headphones comparing them to the included ones. It was imo very much on topic.