included headphones

they are bad i read ? from my pov they are the best thing that happened to me … i bought several over the last months and most were way worse… 

i think they have a very good clear sound, just perfect and fit nicely 

why the bashing ? 

and i read that you SHOULD use the included headphones for a good outcome quality - that was somewhere else where i read that 

Some people like them.  But if you like these, you should try the many others out there in the $50-$100 range . . . you’ll hear things you’ve never heard before.

$50-100? There are headphones and earphones under $20 that sound much better than the included earbuds. Here is a list of some great ones under $20.

The top 4 listed are superb.

JVC HA-S160 Flats headphone around $13 Great sound. My favorite headphone under $40.

JVC HA-FX40 IEM. Just under $20. Great detail. comparable to some $50+ IEMs.

JVC HAFX101 Extreme Explosive Around $15 strong bass and also nice detail.

Panasonic RP-HJE355 IEM. Just under $20 Great detail.

The next  two are great for use while exercising, but not as good overall as the top 4.

JVC HA-EB75 earclip earbuds. around $10-Great for exercising when you need to hear your surroundings.

JVC Riptidz IEM. $8 sweat and water resistant. Great value for the price

The next two aren’t quite as good as the ones above, but imo still better than the included earphones.

Panasonic RP-HJE140 IEM. Around $8. Warmer sound but not as much detail as the HJE355

Sony MDR-E828 earbuds Around $8. Plenty of bass. very efficient.  

@jk98 wrote:

$50-100? There are headphones and earphones under $20 that sound much better than the included earbuds. Here is a list of some great ones under $20.

I don’t disagree at all and was not saying that one had to spend $50-$100 on getting a better sound.  But at that pricepoint, one can find some really nice-sounding phones, that generally produce better sound than lower-cost phones.  

The highest quality $20 IEMs provide so much better value than $100 IEMs. If a $100 IEM sounds 20% better than the $20 JVC HA-FX40, does it make sense to buy the $100 IEM? Perhaps if the $80 price difference means nothing to you, but for most people paying 5x the price for a slight increase in sound quality isn’t worth it. There are probably some $100 IEMs that sound worse than the $20 HA-FX40.

@jk98 wrote:
The highest quality $20 IEMs provide so much better value than $100 IEMs. If a $100 IEM sounds 20% better than the $20 JVC HA-FX40, does it make sense to buy the $100 IEM? Perhaps if the $80 price difference means nothing to you, but for most people paying 5x the price for a slight increase in sound quality isn’t worth it. There are probably some $100 IEMs that sound worse than the $20 HA-FX40.

Yep, each phone is individual.  And yet, I dare say, to many, spending to a $50 or higher pricepoint is well worth the extra money for the increase in sound quality, even if not a $-for-$ sound quality increase–and to many, they, indeed, may find it as such, and far from a waste in investing the extra money (a true investment in sound quality, after all).  Personally, I find it to be a worthwhile 1-time investment, the reason for my original post–each person has to make up his/her own mind, in the person’s own circumstances.  And then, there are those who invest hundreds of dollars in a set of phones . . . .

Sometimes people have fit problems with an IEM. Many places make it difficult to return an IEM. If one is stuck with a $20 IEM that doesn’t fit them well, it is much less annoying than being stuck with a $50+ one. I would much rather have three high rated $20 earphones than take the risk of buying a single one for $60. If the $60 earphone doesn’t fit me well or I don’t like the sound, then what? With three different $20 IEMs, I will probably like at least two of them. If I break a $20 IEM I won’t be nearly as upset as if I break a $60 one. I might buy an IEM for $50 or $60 if I found one I thought was really worth it. So far I haven’t.

Some IEMs around $25 are very satisfying. Some sound better than some headphones over $100.

@jk98 wrote:

Sometimes people have fit problems with an IEM. Many places make it difficult to return an IEM. If one is stuck with a $20 IEM that doesn’t fit them well, it is much less annoying than being stuck with a $50+ one. I would much rather have three high rated $20 earphones than take the risk of buying a single one for $60. If the $60 earphone doesn’t fit me well or I don’t like the sound, then what? With three different $20 IEMs, I will probably like at least two of them. If I break a $20 IEM I won’t be nearly as upset as if I break a $60 one. I might buy an IEM for $50 or $60 if I found one I thought was really worth it. So far I haven’t.

Some IEMs around $25 are very satisfying. Some sound better than some headphones over $100.

Yep, and I’m sure that many more expensive IEMs sound better than many less expensive IEMs.   ;^)

I agree that fit can be an issue (with all phones).  For example, some Shure models have fit me just fine, then one model in a line doesn’t as well.  I only purchase where I am sure or have a return policy, or where posts have convinced me of a likely fine fit (the headphones forum at anythingbutipod.com is a good source of information, and to ask).  Picked up a great pair of Panasonic IEMs, on close-out, that way, $65 or so and worth (and still selling for) 2-3x that.

Personally and as I’ve developed over time, I’d rather have a good $50-$100 set of phones (and especially around $70) with increased clarity and sound than 3 $20 phones with a lesser quality, and then take good care of the phones.  An exception, perhaps, for phones used in a gym.  But each person has to decide the value of it all.  

Some $20 IEMs sound much better than others that are $50-100. I am very happy with the JVC HA-FX40 and Panasonic RP-HJE355. These are $20 each. Have you tried these? Which IEMs in the $50-100 range do you think are worth the price? I was almost tempted to buy the Sony XBA-1($70) and the Etymotic HF5($94) or MC5($60). I guess if the prices of these suddenly drops quite a bit I would grab them, but at current prices they just don’t seem like such great buys.

Seems this thread has become

Smiley      and   Smiley

On topic (unhijacking thread now) - To the OP:  About those two different reviews of the included earphones it really depends on the person using it (one saying it wasn’t good and another saying it’s good)…and you say they are pretty good, so if you think they have a good sound quality keep using them. (I on the other hand am not a fan of the short cord on them and the fact that they don’t really fit snug in my ears [keep falling out or getting pulled out due to the cord being shorter than most] despite the fact that even I thought the sound was good).

"so if you think they have a good sound quality keep using them. "

There are earphones that are so much better though and under $20. There are earphones included with players that are worse than the ones Sandisk gives. When one can get earphones much better than the included ones for under $20 or even under $10, why force yourself to use the included earphones? Many years ago when I was using tape based players I realized the great benefit of getting better earphones or headphones. A few much higher priced players include even better better earphones, but paying $200 for a player just to get $10 or $15 earphones included doesn’t make sense. I would classify Sandisk’s included earphones as being worth perhaps $3-$5 retail, as the $8 Sony MDR-E828 earphones or $8 JVC Riptidz IEM  imo sounds much better than them. Some companies include earphones that are worth perhaps $1 or $2 retail with their players. What I don’t like is when the sound quality of an mp3 player is judged based solely on how it sounds with the included earphones. I have yet to see a player that comes with earphones or headphones that are on par with the sound quality of the player. Rating just on the sound with the included earphones would mean that a great sounding player with $2 included earphones gets a worse rating than a mediocre sounding player with $7 included earphones. This doesn’t make sense to me.

As for saying I derailed the thread, my comments were about sound quality of other earphones and headphones comparing them to the included ones. It was imo very much on topic.

@jk98 wrote:

There are earphones that are so much better though and under $20.

That’s your opinion. And like a certain body part, everybody’s got one. But you don’t have to use any and all opportunities to force yours down someone else’s throat. Everyone’s hearing and likes/dis-likes are different. If the OP likes the sound of the original (included earphones) and they fit his (or her) ears then who are you, or anyone for that matter to say they’re no good and should spend more money trying to find a better pair?

@jk98 wrote:

When one can get earphones much better than the included ones for under $20 or even under $10, why force yourself to use the included earphones?

Who said the OP was being forced to use the included earphones? They seem to like them; can’t you just leave it at that? If you drive a Toyota (and are satisfied with it) and I drive a Lexus, or a Honda, or a Kia is it courteous or justified for me to tell you you shouldn’t be driving your Toyota; that there are many other cars out there that are better; that you shouldn’t force yourself to drive a Toyota?

@jk98 wrote:

As for saying I derailed the thread, my comments were about sound quality of other earphones and headphones comparing them to the included ones. It was imo very much on topic.

I disagree. The Subject of this thread (and the original post) is about the “included headphones”, not about “sound quality of other earphones and headphones" and/or "comparing them to the included ones.” This is not what the OP said, or even asked about. In fact, he stated “they are the best thing that happened to me … i think they have a very good clear sound, just perfect and fit nicely … why the bashing ?

It was not an invitation to you to spout off and list 8 different head/earphones (like some sort of headphone encyclopedia) that you think are better, and then continue to banter back & forth and extol the virtues of $20 IEMs vs. $50 or $100 ones. Nor was it an invitation to “bash” his choice, which is exactly what you were doing.

The thread is about the “included headphones”, not about all the ones that (in your opinion) are better. So yes, this was (as you would say, imo) off-topic. You have several other threads (some of which you actually started) here and on other forums where you have taken numerous opportunities to “share your knowledge” (aka brag) and discuss all the different head/earphone options out there.

Bottom line is if you like $20 phones (IEM or otherwise), fine. If someone else likes $100 (or even $500) phones, that’s fine too. But if someone likes the freebies included with the SanDisk players, can’t you just be happy for them? You don’t have to rain on their parade.

@jk98 wrote:

There are earphones that are so much better though and under $20.

That’s your opinion. Everyone’s hearing and likes/dis-likes are different. If the OP likes the sound of the original (included earphones) and they fit his (or her) ears then who are you, or anyone for that matter to say they’re no good and should spend more money trying to find a better pair?

@jk98 wrote:

When one can get earphones much better than the included ones for under $20 or even under $10, why force yourself to use the included earphones?

Who said the OP was being forced to use the included earphones? They seem to like them; can’t you just leave it at that? If you drive a Toyota (and are satisfied with it) and I drive, say a Lexus, or a Honda, or a Kia is it courteous or justified for me to tell you you shouldn’t be driving your Toyota; that there are many other cars out there that are better; that you shouldn’t force yourself to drive a inferior car?

@jk98 wrote:

I disagree. The Subject of this thread (and the original post) is about the “included headphones”, not about “sound quality of other earphones and headphones" and/or "comparing them to the included ones.” This is not what the OP said, or even asked about. In fact, he stated “they are the best thing that happened to me … i think they have a very good clear sound, just perfect and fit nicely … why the bashing ?

The thread is about the “included headphones”, not about all the ones that (in your opinion) are better. So yes, this was (as you would say, imo) off-topic.

Bottom line is if you like $20 phones (IEM or otherwise), fine. If someone else likes $100 (or even $500) phones, that’s fine too. But if someone likes the freebies included with the SanDisk players, can’t you just be happy for them? You don’t have to rain on their parade.

@tapeworm wrote:

Seems this thread has become

Smiley      and   Smiley

And now, back to our regularly-scheduled programming …    ;)

For the reason I don’t use the earphones that came with them…I’m using Skullcandy earphones now (I miss when the Hesh headphones had an inline volume control - though I’m thinking they removed it because of that volume law in the EU) I bought them at a store that constantly had them on sale til they closed (maybe that’s why they were constantly on sale).

I use Skullcandy’s Titan earphones. (when Sam Goody existed [in the last months of their lives] at the shopping center I frequent the sale prices were between $15.99-$39.99 for the earphones [depending on model]).  I like the cord length compared to the earphones that come with the Sansas now (as I mentioned earlier the cord length of the Sansa earphones are now short).

*eh if I can’t beat them, then I’m  just gonna join em*

/ Smiley      and    Smiley

H8010 is the earliest LeiBai by 3.5 mm and RCA double interface 2.4 G wireless headphones, this product is based on LeiBai 2.4 G wireless ears first H8000 upgrade. Although time to market already for a long time, but H8010 classic style, practical function and good quality still got a lot of family customers.but,I like monster headphones, No matter you are to be in computer or watching television for euro, H8010 can bring you wireless free experience, and will not affect the others complete rest.,but,I like monster headphones