Reply
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

Well, once my next paycheck arrives, I shall have the cash on hand to get the 32GB Touch. As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part.Smiley Surprised

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,018
Registered: ‎02-05-2009

Re: iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?


@Marvin_Martian wrote:

Well, once my next paycheck arrives, I shall have the cash on hand to get the 32GB Touch. As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part.Smiley Surprised


Well, good luck with that and when you finally get it....enjoy!

 

Hmmm....didn't you have an ipod player before?

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

[ Edited ]

 


@mags1230 wrote:

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

Well, once my next paycheck arrives, I shall have the cash on hand to get the 32GB Touch. As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part.Smiley Surprised


Well, good luck with that and when you finally get it....enjoy!

 

Hmmm....didn't you have an ipod player before?


 

You remember correctly....I had an old iPod Mini that had been modded with a 32GB CF card in place of the original 4GB HDD, and running Rockbox. but being an old, modded player, it was a little fragile, and one day wouldn't turn on. My friend, that had sold it to me for a very good price, had me send it back to him, and he did fix it, and gave me the choice, have it back, or he'd send me the 8GB Fuze V2 he'd just picked up recently....and I chose the newer player, as most people probably would.


In regards to the Touch, I got impatient, did some creative financing, and bought it earlier tonight after work...lol. Haven't listened to it yet, that will come tomorrow. It is a sexy looking thing. I did quickly log into AnythingbutiPod.com with it though, long enough to get my password and username saved.....love the irony of that.Smiley Very Happy

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk User
Posts: 71
Registered: ‎01-11-2008

Re: iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

Well Marvin next time you are hungry for an ipod touch or nano just go on the Apple Refurb site . I've bought a couple of

nanos 5th gen complete with video camera, radio etc. for $99 each, free ship.  I've never had a moment's trouble with their refurbs and they are like new inside and out.  I'll pay their refurb prices but long ago I paid $200 for the second gen nano

and like everything else it does wear out.  I want the extra nanos because the click wheel is gone on the new ones (Apple is

a fool).  So must everyone else because they have sold a bunch in just the last few days.

Donna in AR (proud owner of 10 clips and 3 ipods)

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

 


@dford3772 wrote:

Well Marvin next time you are hungry for an ipod touch or nano just go on the Apple Refurb site . I've bought a couple of

nanos 5th gen complete with video camera, radio etc. for $99 each, free ship.  I've never had a moment's trouble with their refurbs and they are like new inside and out.  I'll pay their refurb prices but long ago I paid $200 for the second gen nano

and like everything else it does wear out.  I want the extra nanos because the click wheel is gone on the new ones (Apple is

a fool).  So must everyone else because they have sold a bunch in just the last few days.

Donna in AR (proud owner of 10 clips and 3 ipods)


And I thought I had a lot of players!Smiley Surprised (2 Clip+, 2 Fuze, 1 Touch)Smiley Wink

 

So you like that model Nano? I never tried one.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk User
Posts: 71
Registered: ‎01-11-2008

Re: iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

My primary use for players is audio books--OverDrive, Ingram, rips etc.  The Nano can't be beaten for them BUT I have music

on it too.  My only real objection is its size though very thin it is not exactly pocket size so I always grab a clip for portability.

The ipod has always scratched at the drop of a fingernail so it needs a case for protection.  I use a clear one that I found

on sale for $4 as opposed to $30 for others.

 

I have so many clips because like potato chips I could not stop.  When they started appearing for $20 I had to have more

so I collected all the colors.  I have 6 clips including the first one I ever bought and though it is getting hard to turn on it still

works perfectly and 4 clip+'s.  I've only paid full price for two or so.

Donna

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,581
Registered: ‎11-26-2008

Re: iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

 


@Marvin_Martian wrote:

 


In regards to the Touch, I got impatient, did some creative financing, and bought it earlier tonight after work...lol. Haven't listened to it yet, that will come tomorrow. It is a sexy looking thing. I did quickly log into AnythingbutiPod.com with it though, long enough to get my password and username saved.....love the irony of that.Smiley Very Happy


 

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,018
Registered: ‎02-05-2009

Re: iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

[ Edited ]

@dford3772 wrote:

My primary use for players is audio books--OverDrive, Ingram, rips etc.  The Nano can't be beaten for them BUT I have music

on it too.  My only real objection is its size though very thin it is not exactly pocket size so I always grab a clip for portability.

The ipod has always scratched at the drop of a fingernail so it needs a case for protection.  I use a clear one that I found

on sale for $4 as opposed to $30 for others.

 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nano 6th gen is much more portable and has a clip on the back.  It's closer in general design to the clip+ than the touch, of course, and, to me, a more fair comparison than comparing the clip+ to the touch.

 

When I accidentally broke my clip+ -- duh! -- a few months ago, I considered getting the nano 6th gen.  I liked the overall design, the 24 hour battery life and that it's made of metal.  Plus there's the accessories, like the wrist band, and being able to wear it like a watch is cool and versatile.

 

In the end, the excellent design of the clip+, the expandable storage, the better sound quality, and the price could not be beat and I wound up getting another clip+ and haven't regretted my choice.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

 


@mags1230 wrote:

@dford3772 wrote:

My primary use for players is audio books--OverDrive, Ingram, rips etc.  The Nano can't be beaten for them BUT I have music

on it too.  My only real objection is its size though very thin it is not exactly pocket size so I always grab a clip for portability.

The ipod has always scratched at the drop of a fingernail so it needs a case for protection.  I use a clear one that I found

on sale for $4 as opposed to $30 for others.

 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nano 6th gen is much more portable and has a clip on the back.  It's closer in general design to the clip+ than the touch, of course, and, to me, a more fair comparison than comparing it to the touch.

 

When I accidentally broke my clip+ -- duh! -- a few months ago, I considered getting the nano 6th gen.  I liked the overall design, the 24 hour battery life and that it's made of metal.  Plus there's the accessories, like the wrist band, and being able to wear it like a watch is cool and versatile.

 

In the end, the excellent design of the clip+, the expandable storage, the better sound quality, and the price could not be beat and I wound up getting another clip+ and haven't regretted my choice.


The price on the 6th-gen Nano was enough for me to immediately say "Never!" lol. If it was priced like a Sansa, I might have been curious....but it's not.

 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,581
Registered: ‎11-26-2008

Re: iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

 


@Marvin_Martian wrote:

 


@mags1230 wrote:

@dford3772 wrote:

My primary use for players is audio books--OverDrive, Ingram, rips etc.  The Nano can't be beaten for them BUT I have music

on it too.  My only real objection is its size though very thin it is not exactly pocket size so I always grab a clip for portability.

The ipod has always scratched at the drop of a fingernail so it needs a case for protection.  I use a clear one that I found

on sale for $4 as opposed to $30 for others.

 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nano 6th gen is much more portable and has a clip on the back.  It's closer in general design to the clip+ than the touch, of course, and, to me, a more fair comparison than comparing it to the touch.

 

When I accidentally broke my clip+ -- duh! -- a few months ago, I considered getting the nano 6th gen.  I liked the overall design, the 24 hour battery life and that it's made of metal.  Plus there's the accessories, like the wrist band, and being able to wear it like a watch is cool and versatile.

 

In the end, the excellent design of the clip+, the expandable storage, the better sound quality, and the price could not be beat and I wound up getting another clip+ and haven't regretted my choice.


The price on the 6th-gen Nano was enough for me to immediately say "Never!" lol. If it was priced like a Sansa, I might have been curious....but it's not.

 

Kind of depends where you shop.  In my neck of the woods, 6th Gen Nanos are pretty darn cheap......Smiley Wink  For me, no matter what the price, I wouldn't give up my 5th Gen Nanos....a far superior unit in every way over the 6th gen models.


 

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"