iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

@marvin_martian wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

fuze_owner-GB wrote: 

Oh, mr. outta here is back…  No surprise.

The
only way manufacturer’s are going to change their products, is by
actually listening to customer complaints.  If they don’t, it’s their
loss, not mine.

Not
that I need your approval, but since I own a Clip+, I have every right
to post as many times as I see fit, until the major design flaw of the
clip+ is corrected.  Oh, and if I ruffle your feathers along the way,
all the better…

PS. 
I guess you were too busy listening to yourself talk to notice that I
really, really like the Fuze+.  Best Sansa product I’ve ever owned…

LOL–  Glad you have your hobby, posting in the thread I started.  

And yes, post as much as you want–but there’s no “major design flaw” of the Clip, as much as you post about it.  It’s just your issue, that the Clip doesn’t fit your fingers. Most people don’t have that problem.  You’re not ruffling any feathers–you’ve already established yourself. And glad you like the Fuze and that it fits your needs (but this is the Clip forum)–that’s why companies have different models.  Hopefully you’re posting in that forum.

and says you can’t play the “but this is the Clip forum” card, when you started this thread, which is titled “Re: iPod touch: and so, where’s the microSD slot?!?” in the Clip forum.:stuck_out_tongue:

Good point, MM.  I still think this whole thread is hilarious… How devoted people are to a stupid media player…and how upset they become when someone else doesn’t appreciate their “ideal player”…:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

The clip series could be good players if Sandisk took 5 minutes and did a few things to improve the functionality for those with larger hands and correct the horrid battery life.   Also, to add .aac support would be nice so us users of that format wouldn’t have to install the bloated Rockbox.  But, in reallity, I doubt if any of those things will ever happen.  But No big deal for me.  It’s quite evident to me that the media player segment of Sandisk’s company is more of a hobby than anything else.

Hey, this thread was a good start, but like MM pointed out; it was placed in the wrong section.  There needs to be a iPod or iPod Touch section on the Sansa board!   :smileyvery-happy: :wink: :smileyvery-happy:

@jj2me wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I have every right to post as many times as I see fit, until the major design flaw of the clip+ is corrected. 

I reread this thread to find out what you think is the major design flaw you want corrected.  It seems it’s the small size, which doesn’t work for you.

But why would you want that “corrected?”

1. Fuze.  That’s functionally a big Clip+.   Problem solved, no?
  1. Let’s say you don’t like the Fuze as a Clip+ “correction.”  You just want a bigger Clip+.  So despite others loving the Clip+ exactly for its small size, you want us to have no such choice, and that market to be crushed? 

Really, if you bought the Clip+ sight unseen, it was probably for a better internet price–you takes your chances.  It’s time to sell on eBay.

Nah, more bother than it’s worth.  Money isn’t the issue, the product is.  If I feel that I don’t want to keep it any longer, I will have great delight in smashing it to bits using my favorite sledgehammer…:smileyvery-happy:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

The clip series could be good players if Sandisk took 5 minutes and did a few things to improve the functionality for those with larger hands and correct the horrid battery life.   Also, to add .aac support would be nice so us users of that format wouldn’t have to install the bloated Rockbox.  But, in reallity, I doubt if any of those things will ever happen.  But No big deal for me.  It’s quite evident to me that the media player segment of Sandisk’s company is more of a hobby than anything else.

Hey, this thread was a good start, but like MM pointed out; it was placed in the wrong section.  There needs to be a iPod or iPod Touch section on the Sansa board!   :smileyvery-happy: :wink: :smileyvery-happy:

I guess SanDisk does have a player for people with “larger fingers”:  the Fuze (which you like).  But for the life of me, with my Clip in front of me right now, I just don’t see a problem for larger fingers (but then, I guess I just don’t have them).  I agree that more battery life would be nice–but for a player this size, I can deal with a full day’s worth of charge (and just recharge at night).  As to aac support, I think SanDisk goofed, there–it would help bring in the iPod crowd and more than make up for the aac license fee–or hey, SanDisk, just raise the price of the Clip a dollar.  (But Rockbox bloated?  Maybe in features …)

And sorry, but I placed this thread here on purpose:  to note the great benifit, again, of the microSD card slot in the small Clip+, when something as nice as the iPod touch doesn’t have a slot.  Remember the topic of this thread?   :wink:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

The
clip series could be good players if Sandisk took 5 minutes and did a
few things to improve the functionality for those with larger hands and
correct the horrid battery
life.   Also, to add .aac support would be nice so us users of that
format wouldn’t have to install the bloated Rockbox.  But, in reallity,
I doubt if any of those things will ever happen.  But No big deal for
me.  It’s quite evident to me that the media player segment of
Sandisk’s company is more of a hobby than anything else.

Hey,
this thread was a good start, but like MM pointed out; it was placed in
the wrong section.  There needs to be a iPod or iPod Touch section on
the Sansa board!  

I guess SanDisk does have a player for people with “larger fingers”:  the Fuze.  But for the life of me, with my Clip in front of me right now, I just don’t see a problem for larger fingers (but then, I guess I just don’t have them).  I agree that more battery life would be nice–but for a player this size, I can deal with a full day’s worth of charge (and just recharge at night).  As to aac support, I also think SanDisk goofed, there–it would help bring in the iPod crowd and more than make up for the aac license fee–or hey, SanDisk, just raise the price of the Clip a dollar.  (But Rockbox bloated?  Maybe in features …)

And sorry, but I placed this thread here on purpose:  to note the great benifit, again, of the microSD card slot in the small Clip+, when something as nice as the iPod touch doesn’t have a slot.  Hey, folks, remember the topic of this thread?  

(By the way and off the topic of this thread, I just checked the specs. and it looks like the iPod Sfuffle is rated at 15 hours for the battery.  It just looks like for something this small and at this pricepoint, that’s “all” that current battery technology allows.  But no doubt, that will increase.) 

(By the way and off the topic of this thread, I just checked the specs. and it looks like the iPod Shuffle is rated at 15 hours for the battery.  It just looks like for something this small and at this pricepoint, that’s “all” that current battery technology allows.  But no doubt, that will increase.)

While everyone has their own opinion on what an ideal PMP is, we need to understand this is not the place for arguments over the issue. Each PMP discussed in this thread is strategically designed for a specific purpose. While the design of a particular device may not fit your needs, calling the intended design of a product a flaw is a little misleading.

The The Clip+ is a player designed specifically for its small size and ultra portability. Comparing the iTouch and the Clip+ is like comparing apples to oranges (no pun intended). If a larger device with touch screen and application capabilities more suites your needs in a PMP then by all means you should pursue a device that has these features. If a small ultra portable PMP with expandable storage fits your needs well then I think there is no player better on the market then the Clip+.  

That being said I would like to urge you all to respect the opinion of others when posting on this forum. There is really no need to bring such a trivial difference of opinion to an argument like this thread has become. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Thanks for your explanation of the Sansa product line.  It makes it clearer than ever to me that Sansa products are not the correct fit for me.  I, being a quality minded individual, and Sandisk being a budget minded one…we are worlds apart.

See y’all on the flip-side…I’m off to iLounge…:smiley:

LOL.  I have a quality player, universally seen as such, that meets my needs in the ultraportable field, with screen, FM radio, recordability, folder navigation, and expandability via a microSD slot (the original topic of this thread, and which it would be great to see consumers demanding in all players)–it’s a Sansa Clip+.  Coincidentally, it also comes at a great price.  

:slight_smile:

Well, once my next paycheck arrives, I shall have the cash on hand to get the 32GB Touch. As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part.:dizzy_face:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Well, once my next paycheck arrives, I shall have the cash on hand to get the 32GB Touch. As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part.:dizzy_face:

Well, good luck with that and when you finally get it…enjoy!

Hmmm…didn’t you have an ipod player before?

@mags1230 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Well, good luck with that and when you finally get it…enjoy!

Hmmm…didn’t you have an ipod player before?

You remember correctly…I had an old iPod Mini that had been modded with a 32GB CF card in place of the original 4GB HDD, and running Rockbox. but being an old, modded player, it was a little fragile, and one day wouldn’t turn on. My friend, that had sold it to me for a very good price, had me send it back to him, and he did fix it, and gave me the choice, have it back, or he’d send me the 8GB Fuze V2 he’d just picked up recently…and I chose the newer player, as most people probably would.

In regards to the Touch, I got impatient, did some creative financing, and bought it earlier tonight after work…lol. Haven’t listened to it yet, that will come tomorrow. It is a sexy looking thing. I did quickly log into AnythingbutiPod.com with it though, long enough to get my password and username saved…love the irony of that.:smileyvery-happy:

Well Marvin next time you are hungry for an ipod touch or nano just go on the Apple Refurb site . I’ve bought a couple of

nanos 5th gen complete with video camera, radio etc. for $99 each, free ship.  I’ve never had a moment’s trouble with their refurbs and they are like new inside and out.  I’ll pay their refurb prices but long ago I paid $200 for the second gen nano

and like everything else it does wear out.  I want the extra nanos because the click wheel is gone on the new ones (Apple is

a fool).  So must everyone else because they have sold a bunch in just the last few days.

Donna in AR (proud owner of 10 clips and 3 ipods)

@dford3772 wrote:

Well Marvin next time you are hungry for an ipod touch or nano just go on the Apple Refurb site . I’ve bought a couple of

nanos 5th gen complete with video camera, radio etc. for $99 each, free ship.  I’ve never had a moment’s trouble with their refurbs and they are like new inside and out.  I’ll pay their refurb prices but long ago I paid $200 for the second gen nano

and like everything else it does wear out.  I want the extra nanos because the click wheel is gone on the new ones (Apple is

a fool).  So must everyone else because they have sold a bunch in just the last few days.

Donna in AR (proud owner of 10 clips and 3 ipods)

And I thought I had a lot of players!:dizzy_face: (2 Clip+, 2 Fuze, 1 Touch):wink:

So you like that model Nano? I never tried one.

My primary use for players is audio books–OverDrive, Ingram, rips etc.  The Nano can’t be beaten for them BUT I have music

on it too.  My only real objection is its size though very thin it is not exactly pocket size so I always grab a clip for portability.

The ipod has always scratched at the drop of a fingernail so it needs a case for protection.  I use a clear one that I found

on sale for $4 as opposed to $30 for others.

I have so many clips because like potato chips I could not stop.  When they started appearing for $20 I had to have more

so I collected all the colors.  I have 6 clips including the first one I ever bought and though it is getting hard to turn on it still

works perfectly and 4 clip+'s.  I’ve only paid full price for two or so.

Donna

@marvin_martian wrote:

In regards to the Touch, I got impatient, did some creative financing, and bought it earlier tonight after work…lol. Haven’t listened to it yet, that will come tomorrow. It is a sexy looking thing. I did quickly log into AnythingbutiPod.com with it though, long enough to get my password and username saved…love the irony of that.:smileyvery-happy:

@dford3772 wrote:

My primary use for players is audio books–OverDrive, Ingram, rips etc.  The Nano can’t be beaten for them BUT I have music

on it too.  My only real objection is its size though very thin it is not exactly pocket size so I always grab a clip for portability.

The ipod has always scratched at the drop of a fingernail so it needs a case for protection.  I use a clear one that I found

The nano 6th gen is much more portable and has a clip on the back.  It’s closer in general design to the clip+ than the touch, of course, and, to me, a more fair comparison than comparing the clip+ to the touch.

When I accidentally broke my clip+ – duh! – a few months ago, I considered getting the nano 6th gen.  I liked the overall design, the 24 hour battery life and that it’s made of metal.  Plus there’s the accessories, like the wrist band, and being able to wear it like a watch is cool and versatile.

In the end, the excellent design of the clip+, the expandable storage, the better sound quality, and the price could not be beat and I wound up getting another clip+ and haven’t regretted my choice.

@mags1230 wrote:

@dford3772 wrote:

The nano 6th gen is much more portable and has a clip on the back.  It’s closer in general design to the clip+ than the touch, of course, and, to me, a more fair comparison than comparing it to the touch.

When I accidentally broke my clip+ – duh! – a few months ago, I considered getting the nano 6th gen.  I liked the overall design, the 24 hour battery life and that it’s made of metal.  Plus there’s the accessories, like the wrist band, and being able to wear it like a watch is cool and versatile.

In the end, the excellent design of the clip+, the expandable storage, the better sound quality, and the price could not be beat and I wound up getting another clip+ and haven’t regretted my choice.

The price on the 6th-gen Nano was enough for me to immediately say “Never!” lol. If it was priced like a Sansa, I might have been curious…but it’s not.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

@dford3772 wrote:

The nano 6th gen is much more portable and has a clip on the back.  It’s closer in general design to the clip+ than the touch, of course, and, to me, a more fair comparison than comparing it to the touch.

The price on the 6th-gen Nano was enough for me to immediately say “Never!” lol. If it was priced like a Sansa, I might have been curious…but it’s not.

Kind of depends where you shop.  In my neck of the woods, 6th Gen Nanos are pretty darn cheap…:wink:  For me, no matter what the price, I wouldn’t give up my 5th Gen Nanos…a far superior unit in every way over the 6th gen models.

From the prices that I’ve seen so far for a 16gb 5th gen nano, I’d rather get a 32gb touch 4th gen.