iPod touch: and so, where's the microSD slot?!?

@miikerman wrote:

Well, if the 8GB touch is selling well, it’s likely the cost of the more capacious–these things are not inexpensive.

And really, comparing the $45 Clip (8GB) to the $200 touch?  Isn’t that like comparing a VW Beetle to a decked-out Jaguar?  And even then, the touch can’t compare to the small handiness of the Clip (and the sound?).  They’re simply different beasts entirely.

If comparing the Clip+ to a Touch is an unfair comparison, the only one to blame for starting said comparison is you! :stuck_out_tongue: You started the thread, here in the Clip/Clip+ board, rather than say, the Anything Goes board, which would seem more appropriate.

There are people out there who think the Touch sounds better than the Clip+. I haven’t had the chance to compare them fairly…the one time I got to play with a Touch for a few minutes, I found out it was loaded with lossy –>lossy transcodes, from 160 down to 128, so as to be able to fit more songs. So even though I had some of the same songs on my Clip+, my files were not downsized. I do, however, look forward to the chance to compare in the future.