Highlighted
Accepted Solution

how do I get the oriental language off my clip+ sansa

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: how do I get the oriental language off my clip+ sansa

Go to Settings (the equalizer icon), click the center button, scroll down to the fourth option and click again. Scroll down to the fourth option and click again. You are now in the language selection screen, and English should be first on the list.

Highlighted

settings i guess you mean the big square center button. I did that and finally got to the equalizer . There are then one yellow and three green or blue lines of print. I can never find any english  thanks for you quick response. I will keep on trying. I did one time get some music now I can't even get that. Guess that is one result of being 80

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

See Pg. 4 of the User's Manual. It shows the different Main Menu Icons. Here you'll see what the Settings icon looks like (an equalizer). Then use the down button (6 o'clock) to scroll down as indicated to get back to English.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Yoo also can manually apply the latest firmware to start over (and easy to do)--see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Highlighted

Thanks for the advice...I was able to get back to English using your suggestion...Thank you thank you

Highlighted

No matter how long I hole button down I can not get it to unlock so I can change to English, never seen English anywhere

Highlighted

I tried this not sure what you mean by going to the fourth and etc.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@JWallace wrote:

No matter how long I hole button down I can not get it to unlock so I can change to English, never seen English anywhere

You can manually apply the latest firmware to start over and to set your player to English (easy to do)--see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Highlighted

Many thanks - stupid me got myself into a strange language (and alphabet) - half hour or so messing about,  lots of ideas from websites - only your instructions got me back to 'English' - in fairness,  yours was the first post to suggest a difference between clip and clip+ - significant I suspect. Anyway,  many thanks for clear and concise instructions