firmware for Mac

How do I download sansa clip+ firmware with my Mac OS X?

Go to the Firmware update thread and follow the instructions for a manual update.

I had already found that information and I did follow the instructions but it did not work?

Ok I clicked on the All Regions link, then let it download. I found it in Finder. Then I drag it to the Clip+ and then disconnected it, and it works for me. Make sure the player’s usb mode is MSC.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-11-2010 04:46 PM

OK, I think I see what the problem is. I did not have the clip connected to my computer. I will do as you suggest and let you know how it goes. Thanks

I found it in finder - I did not open it - I dragged it to the clip.

Now it is just a zip file sitting there on the clip. I decided to open it and it became a sepperate folder called clppa.bin.cpgz so I then opened that and I got another seperate folder called clppa.bin

Do I keep opening these or was I not suppose to open those at all?

Sorry, but I am not all that computer savvy, I am rather late to the game.

Delete the .zip and its folders from your Clip. Unzip the .zip to a folder on your computer, then copy only the .bin file to the root directory of the Clip.

What is the root directory of the clip?

misplaced wrote:
What is the root directory of the clip?

Just dont put it in any folder. 

OK, I dragged the clppaa.bin from folder to the clip. Now what? Am I suppose to do anything with it now that it is on the clip? Do I open it from there or what.?

Sorry

misplaced wrote:

OK, I dragged the clppaa.bin from folder to the clip. Now what? Am I suppose to do anything with it now that it is on the clip? Do I open it from there or what.?

Sorry

Disconnect it. It will do the rest.

Thank you everyone for your help. :smiley:  I finally did it!

hi, i have a Mac and while i’m not a space-age digital lad i’m not completely stupid. not completely.

that said, i’ve been kinda flummoxed by instructions on how to get a firmware update for my Clip Plus as a Mac user.

this is what the update page says:

Mac  and  Linux  users can connect their Clip+ in MSC mode and follow the instructions below. 

MSC mode instructions:

• Turn on the Clip+
  • Navigate to “Settings” on the menu of the device itself 
  • Next select “System Settings”
  • Next, navigate to “USB Mode” and select “MSC”

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download

Firmware Download for All Regions - Click Here to Download

now, i wasn’t sure if simply selecting MSC mode was the be-all-end-all to this – whether the firmware update was possible for a Mac or not.

some nice people in another thread told me the firmware update was not platform specific – it worked for either PC or Mac.

that said, the instructions above are not that clear.

then i stumbled upon this thread. someone walked a Mac user step by step through the process. 

in short, this thread was more clear than the update page. perhaps the dummy-proof instructions, plus a clear statement that firmware works for Mac users too, would help. also, point Mac users to the “all regions” link. i wasn’t sure that applied to me as well.

just sayin’. dummy-proof instructions are good because there are a lot of us out there. Mac users and dummies.

cheers.